Old February 14th 14, 10:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

Default Eagles have returned

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 20:55:43 -0500, PeterN
wrote:

On 2/13/2014 7:51 PM, me wrote:
On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:20:38 -0500, PeterN
wrote:

On 2/13/2014 6:13 PM, me wrote:
A few eagles have been around all winter, but their numbers have
recently increased..

http://edwardgruf.com/2014-02-13+_se...s/_DSC8341.jpg

http://edwardgruf.com/2014-02-13+_se...s/_DSC8350.jpg

Nice capture. Where were they taken?

Chisman Creek Seaford, Va, ~10 miles south of Yorktown, at the end of
the street I live on abutting the creek.

Are the eagles as seasonal near you?
We were talking abut spending a few days in VA Beach, which is not that
far. I want to check out the swamps and old farms near Waverly.

We usually see a few over winter in the area. Just more common
sightings in the past couple of weeks. There is a nest up in Yorktown
near the site of the Moore House where the Articles of Surrender were
signed. I drive by that on weekends after the morning dog gathering on
the picnic grounds on the York River. Haven't spied any activity in
this nest yet.