Old June 17th 18, 02:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Question for you Apple crazies

On 6/15/2018 12:19 AM, Bill W wrote:

snip

All very helpful info, and I might wait a bit as you suggested. I
really want 16/512 or even 16/1TB, and I'd prefer the i7, so a
discount on one of those can be very meaningful.

Not all i7 processors are equal.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/core/i7-processors.html

Also I am not sure whether the graphics program you plan to use will use
all the features on the latest and greatest i7,
An i5 may be perfectly fine for what you want to do.

As for drive space, i Store all my programs on an SSD, and the files on
a 6T drive. I was running out of space on my old drive. I also have an
in house 12T backup
All I am saying is that many of us have difference needs. I try to get
what I need, but try not to waste money. OTOH I mentioned to one of my
daughters that i might get a Lexus next year. She asked if I need one. I
said no, but i may want one.

--
PeterN