Old June 15th 18, 06:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Question for you Apple crazies

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 00:43:23 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Bill W
wrote:

Thanks. I'll have to do some research on those keyboards.

go to an apple store and see how they feel.

the new butterfly keyboard has less travel than the older keyboard,
which some people prefer and others definitely do not.

the second generation keyboard ('17 models) has slightly more travel
than the first gen.

the problem is the new keyboard was designed to minimize dirt ingress,
which it does do. however, that doesn't mean impossible, and if dirt
does get in, it's also harder for it to get out, thus the higher
incidence of failure.

other keyboards are not immune to dirt ingress either, including the
older macbook keyboards as well as keyboards on pc laptops and
desktops.

flip whatever keyboard you're currently using upside-down and shake it
a bit.

All good to know, and more to keep in mind when I go look.