Old February 27th 18, 08:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
ultred ragnusen

Default A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows without installing anything on either

nospam wrote:

You talk like the developers I used to work with long ago, where they
figured bugs were just something that you have to learn to live with.

all software has bugs.

True dat.

the reality is that win10 bricking is extremely rare and in your case,
it's almost certainly due to something you did rather than microsoft's
error.

What you say is probably true since I customized the hell out of that
Windows 10 Pro system such that I was able to do the impossible, which is
to stave off Windows updates for /years/, until the Spectre updates on
January 25th, 26th, and 27th, finally made it on to my system, and bricked
it when it rebooted on the 27th.
01 http://i.cubeupload.com/My174i.jpg
02 http://i.cubeupload.com/0lxuPw.jpg
03 http://i.cubeupload.com/Z2ZaDz.jpg
04 http://i.cubeupload.com/gQGe5w.jpg
05 http://i.cubeupload.com/Y34trY.jpg
06 http://i.cubeupload.com/FHzWVs.jpg
07 http://i.cubeupload.com/IF2Vlc.jpg
08 http://i.cubeupload.com/8v82ir.jpg
09 http://i.cubeupload.com/HfYA6Z.jpg
10 http://i.cubeupload.com/SBiaqx.jpg
11 http://i.cubeupload.com/FwZLFW.jpg
12 http://i.cubeupload.com/Mu43Tx.jpg
13 http://i.cubeupload.com/3L67JF.jpg
14 http://i.cubeupload.com/tV9jYD.jpg

It's a big deal when a mandatory Microsoft Windows 10 Pro update bricks the
system. It's due to poor coding. Very poor coding. Lousy testing too.

you have no idea what the cause is, nor do the 'geniuses' at the
microsoft store.

I'm pretty sure it's poor coding on the part of Microsoft which couldn't
handle my customizations, which is why I'm trying to limit the necessary
customizations in this new install of Windows 10.

Remember, I was able to do the impossible, which was to stave off any
Windows updates, without having to use the metering trick on WiFi and
without having to pull the Internet connection in "off" hours.

It was a lot of settings that I changed though, perhaps fifty to a hundred,
so I'm not sure which particular ones are the ones Microsoft hated but I
kept the same Windows 10 Pro for a couple of years, as I recall (at least a
year).