Old February 3rd 19, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Bad sensor dust

nospam wrote:
In article , Savageduck
wrote:

I had no idea about dust, and sensor cleaning until I got my first DSLR, a
Nikon D70. I learned very quickly.

that was a dust magnet, along with other slrs of the day.

Yup! I had no choice other than to learn how to clean sensors with that
D70. That or claim that the dust bunnies were some sort of artistic
expression.

recent slrs are much better, often with a dust shaker.

The owners of cameras with sensor dust removal systems still need to make
sure that it has been turned on.

Also, I believe the evidence that he is either oblivious to the problem, or
just doesn't care is demonstrated by his posting of all those contaminated
photographs to Flickr with no effort to fix anything.

Well, maybe the photos themselves are important (to him) and he can not
are important to me.

If they were important to him he should have taken care when producing
them. He could certainly have cleaned up the spots on the images with post
processing before publishing them in Flickr.

What camera do you shoot?

If you have photos that are important to you, but have "errors", do
whatever you can to fix those errors in post. That is why editing tools
exist.

yep

Savageduck