Old December 23rd 18, 07:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Finally got to the point where no new camera holds my interest (waiting for specific offering)

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 21:20:19 -0500, nospam

RichA wrote:

By nicer looking I mean mostly bokeh. They've purposely produced lenses with
lower resolution and aberration-control to enhance bokeh. However, you mate
that lens to a high megapixel count camera, and the output will have higher
resolution than a better lens mated to a camera with fewer pixels. This is
why (as an example) Olympus scores lower on a site like DXO even though it
probably has a much better corrected lens than what is on some FF camera with 40mp.

dxo scores have less to do with the capabilities of the camera and more
to do with how much a particular company paid dxo.

Is there any evidence to support that claim?

Eric Stevens