Old December 22nd 18, 12:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

Default Finally got to the point where no new camera holds my interest(waiting for specific offering)

On 12/21/2018 11:13 PM, RichA wrote:
[...]

It's possible for a spectacular lens to produce a nicer-looking image while having less resolution than a lesser, longer lens. Also, fewer megapixels means the camera will be less on a lens's quality and will produce a superficially better looking image. Kind of like how a lens used on a 10mp camera looks sharper than one shot at 16mp.

Generalizations such as "...nicer looking..." and "...superficially
better looking..." aside, a lens' resolution is a matter of optics, not
megapixels in the camera. All the camera can do is render that
resolution. Of course, I'm not talking about crappy cameras or lenses.

--
best regards,

Neil