Old May 31st 07, 09:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
bugbear

Default Do other cameras have built-in feature similar to "Color accent"scene in some Canon DCs?

wrote:
I notice that Canon G7, as well as a few other Canon compact digital
models has this feature, which can be set before a photo is taken.
With color accent, you can choose one color only to be present in the
image, while the other colors will be in B&W. Does Nikon compact
(P5000, etc), or Lumix (FZ7, FZ50, etc) has this feature? Any more
expensive DSLR cameras have this feature? perhaps in some Canon DSLR?
I believe that you can also create this effect afterwards in a
software, but the built-in feature in Canon compact would be much
more convenient.

Disagree. The processing and tweaking options
in a computer based package (there are many)
vastly outweigh what the camera can do, and
can be accessed from a much more convenient
user interface (large display, full keyboard, mouse)

BugBear