Old April 4th 05, 09:21 PM
AnOvercomer 02

(Mr.Bolshoy=A0Huy) wrote:
I am thinking my next P&S(or even SLR)
will be digital. Can someone give me a
reason(s) to stay with film?

A midlevel SLR like the Canon Elan 7n cost about $300 new and a midlevel
DSLR like the 20D cost about $1500. Most DSLRs have a crop factor which
makes wideangle lenses not as wide. Shooting digital may require post
processing. I think most digital P&S cameras have the ability to adjust
the aperture and shutterspeed, a film P&S with the same ability will be
pricey. I don't think digital P&S do well at higher ISOs, over 100 ISO.
I think I am going to stick with film for a while and wait for digital
to become more affordable. I have heard of Canon Rebel SLRs going for
less than $100 on Ebay. You may even find a used one at keh.com for less
than $100.

Cody,

http://community-2.webtv.net/AnOverc...otographyLinks