Old June 4th 18, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Noct: Nikon subrand for FF MILCs?

On Jun 3, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 6/3/2018 7:14 PM, nospam wrote:
In ,
RichA wrote:

nikon used 'noct' more than 40 years ago, with the legendary 58mm f/1.2
noct nikkor lens:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...oresources/50m
mnikkor/aesenal58mmf12NOCT.jpg

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...oresources/50m
mnikkor/Nico_threelenses.jpg

Except this time they won't be hand-grinding aspherical elements,

no need to do that anymore. lens technology has advanced a *lot* since
the 1970s.

also, an f/1.2 lens isn't needed because digital cameras can shoot at
much higher isos than what existed in the 1970s. iso 1600 is not an
issue and 3200 is quite good. an f/2 or even f/2.8 lens is fine for low
light.

Once more you prove your superior knowledge of photography. in many
images shallow DOF is used to enhance the image. But then, since we have
never seen a photographic image claimed by you to be yours, we validly
assume you only take snapshots, if any at all.

First one has to establish ownership of, or access to a camera. Then we have
to have evidence that an image, any image has ever been captured.

We wait, and the World wonders.

Savageduck