Old March 27th 10, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

Default Chinese quality = GARBAGE

"Tony Roberts" TR@wft .com wrote in
:

"RichA" wrote in message
.
..
We've all heard the horror stories, about how formerly prestigious
brands from the U.S. are now putrid (Fram oil filters, Rubbermaid, as
examples of products that had severe cost-cutting imposed by Walrmart
and the like) mostly because of the dumping of inferior Chinese
rubbish.
Not the stuff like name-brand cameras, whose production is controlled
by JAPANESE technicians (though there have been quality lapses, it
does not appear to relate to Mainland Chinese production facilities),
but the real JUNK from China, designed and made there.
I have 2 UPS units for my computers. One of them stopped working.
Why? The CHINESE made 12v lead acid battery not only stopped
charging, its case burst open!! I hear their CRAP is now appearing
as counterfeit parts in cars. Just imagine the carnage that is to
come...

Speaking of junk, something that's truly shocking is the state of the
River Citarum, in Indonesia:
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...ollution&um=1&
ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Just mind blowing!

The Oriental countries simply do not care about pollution and land and
water degradation, hence, most of the water sources and land in Asia are
horribly polluted. All they care about is money, pure and simple.