Old April 3rd 18, 01:49 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
joe

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 04/03/2018 07:27 AM, Mayayana wrote:
"Eric Stevens" wrote

| the reality is that 'ultred' doesn't have a license and is pirating
it.

| Is he even using it?
|
| he claims to have used it, however, that's irrelevant. since he never
| bought it in the first place, he is not entitled to legally download
| it.
|
| That applies to most people.

Why are so many people always so quick to
go on a witch hunt when it comes to "pirating"
software? It's not clear what the OP did. It's not
relevant to his question. And the CS2 download
was, indeed, legal for a period of time. I saw the
page when they posted it. They included a legal
ditty that said, specifically, that it was only
legal to use the software if it was obtained
directly from Adobe. That was it.

But, the link provided in this thread was not directly from Adobe.

Therefore, is downloading from the site mentioned in this thread legal?

snip

But all that's beside the point. Adobe gave away CS2.
Period.

Not without the restriction you show.

snip

It seems to be a quirk of the American psyche that
we love a witch hunt. The mob wants to decide who's
the evil one and pass harsh judgement, so we can be
sure we're safe.

Or, some people respect the intellectual property of the developers more.