Old February 13th 14, 09:54 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.proceesing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Alan Browne

Default bayer filter pattern array questions

On 2014.02.13, 10:55 , Dale wrote:
what device dependent RGB does the bayer pattern use?

I know they double the green cells because the eye has more G rods or
cones than RB

does bayer assume rec709 video?

bayer doesn't assume sRGB or ProPhotoRGB since those came much later

why not have a sensor filtration that is CIEXYZ compatible? that way the
camera can be easier to use in device independent color like
http://www.color.org

the preference of G cells in the bayer pattern I think can cause noise
in places like hair, etc

Download dcraw.c and you'll get all sorts of data about bayer patterns
in various cameras as well as color space application.

--
Those who have reduced our privacy, whether they are state
or commercial actors, prefer that we do not reduce theirs.