Old September 13th 18, 07:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Just a question

On Sep 12, 2018, Sandman wrote
(in ):

In , Tony Cooper wrote:

Yeah, I'd say there is a "value" to some obsolete skills. Personal
satisfaction counts as a value in my mind.

Sure, but most skills are acquired to be used professionally, and an
employer that sees you using outdated, slow and inefficient methods will not
be pleased. Or rather, an employer that sees a younger less skilled person
getting things done faster and with a better end result - then that personal
satisfaction isn't worth much.

Today’s employer is more than likely going to use robotics on his production
line than skilled artisans. The employees with skills in need of development are
the ones maintaining those robots. Today there are even some types of surgery
which are performed better, and safer with surgical robots than a surgeon who
has years of developed skill behind him/her.

https://www.massdevice.com/11-surgical-robotics-companies-you-need-to-know/2/