Old June 19th 18, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Question for you Apple crazies

On 6/19/2018 10:52 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

With the cellular option you can buy LTE cellular on a monthly basis, as
you
need it from a variety of providers, for both North America, and overseas.

I wasn't aware of that, but I can also tether to my phone.

Yup! That is always an option. With my old iPad2 I always used my iPhone
Hotspot option. Just be wary of the AT&T offering as that can lock you up.
For North America the T-Mobile option seems to be the best way to go. They
have an introductory offer which is not too bad, but after that their rate
climbs, but is still useful when it is needed. We have had a couple of power
outages out here, and having LTE access at those times has been useful.

I have a T-Mobile plan. The senior rate is fifty bucks a month,
(including taxes and fees,) for unlimited service. I will most likely be
getting rid of it, as their coverage sucks. Walmart sell a plan that
will cost me a few bucks mor per month, and they claim to use Verizon
towers. I am looking into that. Otherwise I will probably go back to
Verizon.

that's for a phone, not a tablet, and therefore irrelevant.

tablet plans are data-only and therefore priced much less than a phone
plan.

they're normally month to month but some may have daily or even hourly
rates.

there used to be a free option from t-mobile but it's no longer
available, however, those who have it can keep it.

however, for phone, you're overpaying.

walmart sells a t-mobile plan for $30/mo plan that's unlimited
text/data and 100 voice minutes, which is also available via t-mobile
if you look (it's well hidden). if you need more voice minutes, you can
use voip or facetime, which use data instead of voice.

t-mobile's coverage has also greatly improved over the years. only in
rural areas is it weaker.

there are also numerous other options.

I'm glad you know what I want. With that information your answer is
quite helpful.

--
PeterN