Old June 19th 18, 04:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default What exactly is different inside a lens in Macro mode?

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

I didn't know there were any.

then you aren't paying attention (as usual).

in a previous post, i linked two of them.

here they are again:

https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Sam...-sm-c105azwaat
t-60
0x600-C1-052016?$product-details-jpg$

https://www.dpreview.com/news/222432...rue-zoom-moto-
mod-
hands-on-preview

And what a massive section of teh market they take up.

exactly.

they were failures.

because they were expensive and not very useful for the majority.

no more expensive than other smartphones.

it was an addon making them more expensive.

the moto mod was an add-on.
the samsung was not.

the reason is that they were not particularly good and very bulky.

I;m bettign those few people looking for such a thing must have throught the
same.

or the camera in normal phones is good enough, without the bulk.

But it does prove my point, in that when people are buying such a
device
they
are buying a camera with a phone attached to to and not a phone with a
camera
attached to it.
Check out the ads if you don;t belive me, it;s always the phone
section
that
gets the press/advertised no one is intersest in how the phone side
works.
People now buy a camera with a phone attached.

they're buying a device that does many different things, including a
camera, so there is no longer a need for a second camera.

People carried camera long before the carried phones.

whoosh

So it did go over your head I thought so.
I assume you remmeber the poleroids, the Instamatics, the disc cameras .
They were the cameras of thier day but didn't include phones with them.
No one said well I;m not buying a camera without a phone attached.
When phone becaome protable it didn't stop people carrying cameras, oh look I
have a phone now I no longer need a camera, that didn't happen.
As cameras in phones became better and people had devices that could take
pictures and be used as phones, phone companies thought we cant; do much to
imporve the concept of a phones so lets add features to a phone.
Most people need a phone very few need a landline and most need a phone.

whoosh.

As I said now decent cameras come with a phone attached to them almost
free
of charge. People buy their smartphone mostly based around the camera and
that is why the majority of smartphones put the camera as the most
important
feature NOT the phone.

people buy smartphones for all sorts of reasons, the camera being just
one.

The biggest one that's why the phone part of the camera-phone isnl;t
mentioned much look at the ads, even still photography now takes a back seat
it's all 4k video and slo-mo capture, when was the last time you saw the
actual phone specs mentioned.

it's mentioned, along with various other features.

When was the last time mobile phone companies touted how wonderful their
phone sounded or was,

hd voice has been touted as a feature for a few years now.

Strange no ones been reakky interersed in it same with audio hi-fi after
stero most lost interest until surround sound came out and that isn't yet
availble on a 'phone'.

whoosh.