Old June 19th 18, 03:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Question for you Apple crazies

In article , Bill W
wrote:

as i said, there are new products due 'real soon now', no later than
'the fall' when the various new oses are released.

I still have that in mind. This is not such an easy decision right
now. Do you have an educated guess how much I could save if I wait? I
might consider it worth it, but maybe not. Those iPads are really
shiny. And so are the Macbooks...

prices will be roughly the same, however, the specs will be better,
particularly with the macs, some of which haven't been updated in a
while.

the current models will be sold for less, either as a lower tier model
or discounted to clear old stock, so either way, you benefit from
waiting.

if your existing hardware has failed and you absolutely must buy
*something* today, then obviously, you can't wait, however, i don't
think that's the case.

also, for macs, apple is tied to intel's production schedules, which
have been a huge problem for the entire industry, not just apple.

if intel can't supply the parts in the quantities apple needs, then
there's not much apple can do other than wait, which is one reason why
some macs have lagged and why the rumours of apple's own processors
continues to gain steam.