Old June 19th 18, 03:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default The alternative to the ultra-fast long telephoto?

On 6/17/2018 2:02 PM, me wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 23:39:41 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 6/16/2018 2:51 PM, me wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:52:57 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

Too be honest my use with the TC-20 and 200-400 f/4 is minimal the
limitations as you have mentioned. Also makes the AF slow as molasses.
Finally, since I hand hold It's very tough to get a sharp images. I've
convinced myself it is better to stick with the TC-14 in the end.

I do miss the "nearest subject" option of the D200 though.

I gotta say, that's one thing I do not miss at all.
You could rarely get a shot like this with closest focus. Too many weeds
in the way.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbknjnxve7be85n/4.jpg?dl=0

It was a selectable option, so if you didn't need it no harm.

I know. Since I never used it, I never missed it. OTOH, when shooting
critters through cages, the extension of the minimum focus length s
something I regularly use. It is also great for shortening the time for
focus lock. But on my cameras, it is lens function.

--
PeterN