Old January 1st 05, 05:04 PM
Mxsmanic

John EO writes:

You know ... I saw the first news report on the TV and it claimed the death
toll may be as high as 1,000. Each day it has gone up by tens of thousands
and yet any video that is shown only shows some resort area where video
cameras were running as people watch the waves in awe.

Television needs moving images of reasonable quality. There are only so
many to go around, so you see the same images over and over. Dead
people don't move, so showing images of the dead isn't as exciting as
showing images of a moving wave.