Old August 12th 14, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

Default Best storage/retrieval system for images & MacBookPro

On 8/12/2014 2:07 PM, Sandman wrote:
In article , nospam wrote:

Savageduck:
It sounds to me that he is looking to consolidate the 4TB of image
files from the several external HDs he is currently using, and a
good RAID with some redundancy can provide that storage with easy
retrieval. He didn't ask anything about back up, that is a
different question. That said having the RAID as part of a network
server is also a viable possibility.

raid is high availability and most people don't need that.

raid is not a backup.

Uhm, a mirrored raid most certainly is backup, saved me a number of times.

Yup!

I currently have a 12TB RAID5 NAS on my desk, all data backed up for
hardware failure.

--
PeterN