Old May 1st 05, 04:02 AM
Bill Tuthill

Cardamon Dave wrote:
Kodak tinkered with its very good Royal Gold 400 to boost contrast a
little, hence creating the sharper "high definition" appearance. It's
very good film for a zoom-lens camera. Buy it and freeze it, because I
don't know how much longer it'll be around.

Walmart still sells Ultra Color 400 for $11 a 3-pack (Target gave up).
Ultra Color 400 is the best film Kodak makes in that speed range,
although Portra 400NC is lower contrast and maybe better for weddings.

High Definition 400 is grainier, especially for skin tones. It's fine
if you don't have many people in your photos, and it's better than Max.
Personally I wouldn't waste my time shooting it.