Old January 19th 19, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

Default Sony DSC-HX80 Rocks !

On 19/01/2019 15:19, David Taylor wrote:
On 19/01/2019 15:02, David B. wrote:
[]
Sorry - I got the impression from your statement that you didn't know
that the facility existed. No worries! :-)

No problem.

I actually did some tests early on (~2000) to compare digital zoom with
simple interpolation, and interpolation won for picture quality. Digital
zoom may provide better focussing and exposure though.

What I have been impressed with recently are all the advances in the
Google Pixel 2 & 3 camera apps, with low-light, good zoom (reasonable
quality at 2:1, that is), and single lens bokeh.Â* Not only do these work
well, there are good articles about how they work, too:

https://ai.googleblog.com/2018/10/se...super-res.html

https://ai.googleblog.com/2018/11/ni...-on-pixel.html

https://ai.googleblog.com/2018/11/le...n-pixel-3.html

Clever stuff!

Clever indeed! :-) Thank you for sharing the links, David.

--
David B.