Old August 5th 09, 06:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Charles E Hardwidge

Default Apollo 11 Lunar landing - 40th aniversary

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message

Cause computers cannot do the job fine without them. You might
have to LOOK UP the details of the Apollo 11 landing; human
interaction was critical twice for a safe landing.

Please read what I wrote. I didn't say "exploration", I didn't
say "exploitation", I said "settle". You know, what people did
in the American West between when there were only Indians and now.

Are you talking about the same courses that caused all these many
banks to collapse recently? Must be very expensive, these courses,
learning how to destroy so much money so fast.

Some good comment there.

Technology is marvellous and can do many useful things but I've seen plenty
of geologists comment that it's not a substitute for being there. Building
machines with the necessary IQ and dexterity isn't there yet.

What's the point of getting out of bed in the morning? We still have to find
something to do and enjoy, or we'd just be a waste of DNA. We may be anyway
but at least it takes our minds off it.

I've done those management courses. Some are very good and some managers are
excellent but you can find the same lessons walking down the street and
great people everywhere. One just has to look.

--
Charles E Hardwidge