Old February 20th 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Ken Hart[_3_]

Default Some simple questions about Single-Tray Processing

"Steven Woody" wrote in message
snip
Yes, I do B/W. But if solution temperature is not ranged around 68F,
i am not sure how many minutes I should put a paper in the developer.
B/W print is really develop-to-complete? I am afraid if I develop a
paper too much, it will goes darker than it should in normal.

How much does the temperature vary in your darkroom? If your darkroom is in
a "comfort range", perhaos 65-75F, you shouldn't have any problem. Color
RA-4 and film processing would be a different matter, of course.

3, A well built, larger, dedicated photographic tray is not cheap.

Really? At least here (the US), trays are probably the cheapest items in
a darkroom. Where are you?

Buy a Jobo AP 8x10 plastic tray in China, you need about 8 dollors,
and 16 dollors for 16'' tray.

Just because you are using it for photo processing doesn't mean it must be a
photo tray. (Actually for a 16x20 Jobo tray, that's probably not a bad
price!) I don't know what's available in China, but in the USA, you can
find a lot of darkroom usable stuff at WalMart and HomeDepot.