Old February 20th 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default Some simple questions about Single-Tray Processing

"Steven Woody" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 12:37 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 2/19/2008 7:59 PM jjs spake thus:

In my most humble opinion, single-tray processing for B&W is not
worthwhile.
If you have an area large enough area for three or four trays, it's
downright silly. For color, on the other hand, it is the rule.

I agree. I'm curious; why are you (asking the O.P. here) interested in
single-tray processing? Are you working in a closet where you only have
room for one tray? Or is it, as I suspect, because there's some kind of
mystique to the Single-Tray Method, the One True Way to Process Photo
Paper? (At least, that's the impression one gets from Mr. Quinn's many
posts on the subject.) Do you think you'll get better results from it?

Myself, I really don't see the point.

I interested in single-tray because,

1, My room is not large, even thougth it's capable use three trays,
use one tray only is attractive to me;
2, Using one-tray method means I need to pour solutions back into its
container, this is easy to maintain solution temperature in a water
bath;
3, A well built, larger, dedicated photographic tray is not cheap.

I like to hear more your thoughts on the subject. Thanks.

Consider using a tray ladder, as per

http://tinyurl.com/yrb4np