Old December 25th 03, 11:14 PM
L Schultz

Yep, film is a has-been. NOW, all of you Leica shooters, I'll be glad to
dispose of any of those crappy obsolete M2's through M7's.

But seriously, one of the most balanced essays on digital vs. film (with
links, etc) is this one, by Ken Rockwell:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/filmdig.htm

Until they make decent digital cameras so that they are upgradeable, I will
maintain that all digital cameras are disposable. I use digital gear, but
it isn't an either/or situation. Currently digital is very
transient/temporary, while I use Rolleiflex TLRs that are older than I am.
Magazines still want 35mm and MF trannies, but only newspapers will touch my
digital images. And daily work is a place where digital excels. So it
appears still to be apples and oranges in comparison.

--
Lloyd

Online photo portfolio:
http://www.geocities.com/lloydetc/photoart01.html
"Nollite illegitimus contarere vos"

"Clanger" wrote in message

"The Spectre" wrote in message
.. .
WTF, is going on with the price of used 35mm equipment? I can not

believe
that Nikon F5's, F4's, n90s's etc.. and associated Nikon f2.8 lenses and
accessories are selling for so little. I mean come on I saw an F5 with

MF-28
sell for $725.00!!! And that was after the seller reduced it twice.

These
are still current production $1500 - $2000 cameras. Also, f2.8 glass is

many
times half of new price. Makes me wish I had an extra grand laying

around.

DIGITALLLLLLLLLL that's what.