Old December 25th 03, 08:02 PM
Nils Rostedt

Same here. My plan is to make the digital jump this spring, either the
Digital Rebel or the 10D. I plan to still keep my EOS5 and Yashicamat,
though I may sell my Rebel 2000. I still see myself wanting to shoot
film from time to time, though I'm sure it will be less and less.

A good strategy.

One reason for keeping a film body is wide-angle. I had to buy an 15-30 mm
lens for my 10D to enjoy the same wide-angle perspective that I used to get
with 24 mm and film. But it's absolutely amazing to mount that lens on the
film EOS body and get the real 15 mm super-wide angle perspective. Not a
focal length for everyday use, but IMO it's a sufficient reason to keep a
film body (Rebel 2000 in my case).