Old November 25th 17, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Windows 10. Horrible!

On Nov 24, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

Snip

Even worse, I want to try Aurora. I got a $10 dollar discount code
through a camera group. I wanted to see if I could do better. Do a
search Aurora HDR discount code. I stopped searching after the first few
led me directly to the Macphun site, with a message that no code was
needed. Yet Macphun honors the discount code. To my way of thinking
these other sites are practicing unethical marketing. i am not sure, but
I suspect that the only reason they do what they are doing, is they get
a commission. The sites I am referring to include such as "retail me
not," etc. If Macphun did not have a good reputation, that type of
marketing practice would make me wary of buying. If anyone thinks I went
too fr off topic, that's their problem.
End of mini rant.

It is always best to go directly to the developer site, questionable
intermediates have been known to be problematic. Some previously trustworthy
cheap/free app sources have become vectors for malware. That said, not all
sites offering additional discounts are toxic, so one needs to be alert to
bad playe4rs among the sincere offers.

As for Aurora HDR, I think you will find it very suitable for some of your
HDR work. It also does a good job on single exposure tone mapping. They have
some interesting presets (some a bit over the top), a layered workflow with
local adjustment brushes, and very flexible adjustments.

With the local adjustment brush, you can apply a preset, or personal
adjustments to a specifice area of the image. You also have the ability to
create your own presets.

....and they have a good library of video tutorials.

Savageduck