Old August 8th 18, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

On 8/7/2018 11:24 AM, newshound wrote:
On 06/08/2018 20:07, PeterN wrote:
On 8/5/2018 10:22 PM, Bill W wrote:
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 21:46:42 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 8/4/2018 5:42 PM, John Turco wrote:
On 8/2/2018 4:36 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , John Turco
wrote:

---
https://www.avg.com

usenet posts are not email and the sig delimiter is invalid, which
means avg is worthless crap and from a company who loves to spam.

Yeah, but...what do you think of the P1000?

John

I will try it when it's available, and buy it if there is not too much
noise, or shutter lag.

That thing's going to need some extraordinary IS. Or a tripod.

Or high ISO capability, and extraordinary tracking ability. I suspect
it will not be suitable for me, but I will give it a fair try.

Without a tripod (or a pretty steady support, for a stationary target)
it is going to be very difficult to use at full zoom.

A gyro stabilizer might work too.
https://luminous-landscape.com/kenyon-labs-gyro-stabilizer/

--
PeterN