Old April 18th 05, 05:02 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 4/17/2005 10:56 PM narke spake thus:

"Power unit bad"? Come, now: he was complaining about the afterglow

of the bulb after it goes off. Perhaps you know of a "power unit" that
can somehow reach into the filament and instantly quench it at
power-off? The super-metaphysical model, perhaps? The Obiwan Kenobe model?

your argument is reasonable, but how do you explain that some guy on
the list owning the same mode does not see the down-glow? and after
replace the lamp for the gear, the glowing keep not going away?

It's subjective. All incandescent lamps have some afterglow; it's a matter of
how long one perceives that glow to be. What may seem like no time at all may
feel like an eternity to someone else.

on the other hand, in the duration of glowing, i noticed the color of
light looks a little red, does this matter for color print in your
opinion?

Yes, of course, the color temperature changes as the bulb goes out. The
question (the one I tried to address) is, how significant is this afterglow?
My take on it is, not very. Remember that as the color goes red, it also gets
very much dimmer.

--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson