Old October 20th 18, 05:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Windows 10 update wipes out files and photos

In article , Neil
wrote:

The ONLY THING THAT MATTERS for "What You See Is What You Get" is
whether one does get in print a reasonable representation of what one
sees on screen. Whether one app or another provided the same level of
accuracy is irrelevant, but the reality is that it was never an issue
with professional-level apps.

in other words, quality or accuracy doesn't matter to you.

fortunately, others have much higher standards, some of whom advanced
the entire industry.

You idiot!

ad hominem.

A professional working in the field, producing large numbers and
quantities of printed documents for money, will be much more concerned
with quality and accuracy

except that he just said quality and accuracy does not matter.

No, I did not. Since your ability to read is so poor, I will clarify.
What I wrote was that whether one app produced the same level of
accuracy as another doesn't matter. It didn't matter *because one would
choose the app that met their requirements with regard to accuracy*. I
also wrote that it was never an issue with the professional-level apps.
It didn't matter because *they all provided a high level of accuracy*.

in other words, you did not write clearly and your choices of software
were limited to only a small subset of apps. that's not a feature.

the point you *still* miss is that on a mac, *all* apps provide a high
level of accuracy because wysiwyg is part of the os itself. it's
functionality every app gets for free. it doesn't matter if it's a
'professional level app' or a consumer app or even a weekend hack by a
hobbyist programmer writing his first app. *every* app is wysiwyg, one
of many reasons why the mac changed the industry.