Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.63 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MLIDDELL
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment September 6th 07, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 29
Posted By MLIDDELL
Multi Pro or Coolscan 8000?

On Sep 5, 9:50 pm, Toni Nikkanen wrote:
JR writes:
Be careful with the Minolta as new software wont be readily available
from...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 8th 07, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 8
Posted By MLIDDELL
Mamiya RB vs RZ

I'd go for a RB ProS or ProSD with Sekor C lenses. This outfit is dirt cheap
and more than good enough for everything you'll do in a studio. With the
rest of the money buy a Mamiya 7 for...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 6th 07, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 19
Posted By MLIDDELL
Camera bag easy to carry tripod?

On Apr 30, 4:01 am, Steven Woody wrote:
hi,

i am looking for suggestions about camera bag. do you often carry out
your tripod? i want to do so and hence need a camera...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment April 27th 07, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 19
Posted By MLIDDELL
UK - Medium Format running costs (Hasselblad)

If you dev your own b&w (which is the only way to get it done
properly) the costs are low at ~£2 for film and the chems are cheap.
It does depend on how much you shoot, I end up dumping more...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 12th 07, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 7
Posted By MLIDDELL
New "645" Digital from Pentax - 31 Mpix

It was in a glass case at PMA.

Pentax mf digital still = vapourware
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment December 31st 06, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 2
Posted By MLIDDELL
affordable quick release system for Mamiya RZ67?

Perhaps I'm missing something but the weight of a QR plate is tiny?
Which head(s) do you use on your tripods?

Acratech, RRS, Kirk, arca swiss heads can all use the same QR plates. I
use the one from...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment December 31st 06, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 15
Posted By MLIDDELL
Why use Ebay then.

On Dec 24, 9:58 pm, " wrote:
There has been a great deal of talk about problems people have had with
Ebay. If the problems are so great why not return to
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment November 19th 06, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 23
Posted By MLIDDELL
Dealing with limited dof in landscapes

Just emailed Zoerk and they have told me their kit for RB/RZ has been
discontinued.

My 50mm for the RB should be arriving next week so I'll give it a try.
I've never been crazy on wides but I...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment November 18th 06, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 23
Posted By MLIDDELL
Film choice

I like provia too but since I can't use grads with my mamiya 7 I've
been shooting portra 160vc with it and it has performed well. I've been
meaning to try NC for a while.

There is appreciably more...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment November 16th 06, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 23
Posted By MLIDDELL
Dealing with limited dof in landscapes

Yeah I was worried about diffraction. I usually just crop off the out
of focus bit when I print.

I use the 90mm on the RB, I find composing with wide angles hard but I
will try and pick up a 50mm...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment November 16th 06, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 23
Posted By MLIDDELL
Dealing with limited dof in landscapes

I've been using MF for landscapes for about 2 years now and I'm getting
increasingly frustrated with the limited dof with 6x7 and limitations
in imposes. How do you guys cope with it?

Here are some...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment November 12th 06, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 72
Posted By MLIDDELL
Epson 4490 Scanner - Tests and Settings.

I have been using the 4490 for mostly proofing/contacting 6x7 b&w negs.
I have used it to scan 35mm provia for web use and it only just about
makes the quality threshold for large web images - not...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 12th 06, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 24
Posted By MLIDDELL
Photography forum

Not a bad pitch for a spammer.
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 10th 06, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
Posted By MLIDDELL
Can you spot the Hasselblad?

What kind on tripod would you need for that thing?
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 10th 06, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 15
Posted By MLIDDELL
What? No 400 speed slide film?

I always though most people avoided 400 slide film since the grain was
an issue. Shooting 400 neg was less grainy.
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 6th 06, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
Posted By MLIDDELL
Can you spot the Hasselblad?

So a hassy with one of those is almost the weight of an RB67?

On Oct 6, 9:41 pm, "Bob G" wrote:
Lassi Hippeläinen wrote:
The new Zeiss 1700mm/f4 weighs in at a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment September 16th 06, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 52
Posted By MLIDDELL
carl zeiss lenses: are they really any better than the other offerings?

I've never used zeiss lenses (just mamiya RB kl and mamiya 7 lenses)
but zeiss are just one of those brands that have a cult following for
some reason. Maybe back in the day they really were better...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 30th 06, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 57
Posted By MLIDDELL
how many of you still shoot film....

What would it take to put item #3 to the test?

I hear people make the claim all the time but I don't buy it.
I've seen a fair amount of counter-evidence, in fact.

I've tried hard but I just...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 29th 06, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 57
Posted By MLIDDELL
how many of you still shoot film....

I continue to shoot film for the following reasons:

1) DSLRs have a 2x3 aspect ratio. I prefer something closer to 4x5.
2) No waist level finders. Composing on the groundglass is great!
3) Digital...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 14th 06, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 7
Posted By MLIDDELL
Luminance Problem in Calibrating an LCD Monitor

As far as I know you cannot calibrate most 'normal' lcd screens. Moving
your angle of view only slightly changes the colours and contrast.
Monitors like EIZO ColorEdge lcds do not have this problem...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20