Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TW
Forum: General Photography Techniques April 5th 07, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.technique.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By TW
Monopod useful in Rome

I'll be travelling to Rome this summer. I know a tripod is out of question
for many places, not to mention the inconvenience. I am wondering if a
monopod will be useful or not. Please advice.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 22nd 06, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 917
Posted By TW
End of an Era

I welcome the change if it means that the long term viability of the K-mount
is secure. I have a substantial investment in K-mount lenses. Unlike Minolta
and later KM, Pentax has demonstrated...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 22nd 06, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1,073
Posted By TW
End of an Era

I welcome the change if it means that the long term viability of the K-mount
is secure. I have a substantial investment in K-mount lenses. Unlike Minolta
and later KM, Pentax has demonstrated...
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 06, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1,087
Posted By TW
End of an Era

I welcome the change if it means that the long term viability of the K-mount
is secure. I have a substantial investment in K-mount lenses. Unlike Minolta
and later KM, Pentax has demonstrated...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 15th 06, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By TW
Need advice on Pentax DSLR

I jumped directly from a DS to a K10D. I read that K100 and K110 are
slightly better than the DS in terms of color accuracy and JPEG quality. I
have done extremely well with my DS. I thought the DS...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 9th 06, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By TW
K10D hands on experience

Received it yesterday after placing the order late Tuesday, great shipping
service. I am a long time (~30 years) Pentax user, so I am somewhat biased.
I have already a DS. I was not planning on...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 5th 06, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By TW
Pentax lenses

The Zenitar seems to be about 21mm equivalent after defishing whereas the
16-45 is 24-68 equivalent.

"Pete D" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 7th 06, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By TW
RAW Converters redux

I am using PS CS and have tried RSE, Bibble, and Lightroom. I like RSE
interface the most but Bibble is growing on me. However, I have absolutely
the worst experience with Lightroom. I am stuck in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 16th 06, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 44
Posted By TW
Any future for Pentax?

I can hardly agree more! It is true that Pentax does not have the name
recognition of Canon or Nikon. But all this is about to change with the
K10D. Just when Canon and Nikon thought that they were...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 15th 06, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 44
Posted By TW
Any future for Pentax?

The price of any camera must cover the costs such as advertising and other
"non-essential" SAG. A low price does not necessarily mean dumping; it could
imply Pentax has found a way to lower the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 26th 06, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By TW
Sony takes market share from Canon...

Olympus made a big mistake in changing lens mount and abandoning existing
format. Two key changes at the same time in a highly competitive market
contribute the current situation.

"Luke Bosman"...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11