Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: C J Southern
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 17th 06, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By C J Southern
Canon Digital Rebel XT & Flash

First thing to check is the trigger voltage - some of the old flashes are
easily capable of frying a Rebel XT (250v max)
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 16th 06, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By C J Southern
New Canon??

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/Canon_1DS_MkIII.html
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 16th 06, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By C J Southern
Compact flash sppeds with Eos 350D

In my experience you're far far far more likely to benefit more from a card
that's twice as big than you are from one that's twice as big, for the same
$$$.

My suggestion is to (eventually) get more...
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 06, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By C J Southern
Compact flash sppeds with Eos 350D

In my experience you're far far far more likely to benefit more from a card
that's twice as big than you are from one that's twice as big, for the same
$$$.

My suggestion is to (eventually) get more...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 15th 06, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45
Posted By C J Southern
High ISO noise CCD's vs CMOS

Gosh - you sounded just like me when you said that.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 15th 06, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45
Posted By C J Southern
High ISO noise CCD's vs CMOS

"mswlogo" wrote in message

So the canon seems to have like a 3 stop advantage over Nikon.

Problem solved - buy...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 06, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By C J Southern
DNG for archive

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Simple poll question.
Yes or No replies.
Please keep comments below the '***' line.

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 1st 06, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By C J Southern
Canon EOS Rebel XT 350D

"minoxidil" wrote in message

C J Southern wrote:
Cut the crap "minoxidil".

You knew what you...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 31st 06, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By C J Southern
1DS Mk 3

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/Canon_1DS_MkIII.html
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 31st 06, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By C J Southern
Canon EOS Rebel XT 350D

"minoxidil" wrote in message

C J Southern wrote:
"minoxidil" wrote in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 30th 06, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By C J Southern
Canon EOS Rebel XT 350D

"minoxidil" wrote in message
C J Southern wrote:
... not to mention your previous post, addressed to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 30th 06, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By C J Southern
Lag Time comparison Chart

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" wrote in
message ...

Imagine you are a sports
photographer following a receiver about to catch...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 29th 06, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By C J Southern
Lag Time comparison Chart

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" wrote in
message ...

Unless I don't understand what lag really is, shouldn't such tests be done
with...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 29th 06, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 44
Posted By C J Southern
The BEST DSLR - please forget about last post

"HEMI® - Powered" wrote in message
Today, Mike Warren made these interesting comments ...

Ming-Ho Chi wrote:
Oops,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 29th 06, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By C J Southern
Canon EOS Rebel XT 350D

"minoxidil" wrote in message

200 hundred pictures taken in a mechanical fashion and slammed onto
a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 28th 06, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By C J Southern
Canon's response to Nikon 10MP

"Derek Fountain" wrote in message

No company is in a position to
look at the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 28th 06, 07:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By C J Southern
What point and shoot has the least lag time.

"Mark˛" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message

Actually, this may be a fairly good place to ask.
Most DSLR users who own smaller...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 28th 06, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By C J Southern
Canon's response to Nikon 10MP

wrote in message
I'm getting excited by all of the new camera talk from Nikon! And
guessing about the competitive...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 28th 06, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By C J Southern
What point and shoot has the least lag time.

"Matt" wrote in message
In the market for a new point-and-shoot for my candid photography.
Anybody got some...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 28th 06, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By C J Southern
Canon EOS Rebel XT 350D

"G.T." wrote in message

"C J Southern" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 27th 06, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By C J Southern
Canon EOS Rebel XT 350D

"G.T." wrote in message

Well, if he's proud of them then he should edit them, present them in a
way
that more viewers can see...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 27th 06, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By C J Southern
Canon EOS Rebel XT 350D

"minoxidil" wrote in message

Listen Mr Southern
If somebody posts in a public forum he must be open to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 27th 06, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By C J Southern
Canon EOS Rebel XT 350D

"minoxidil" wrote in message

Forest Wanderer wrote:
I have posted a couple hundred of pictures I have...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 26th 06, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By C J Southern
Canon EOS Rebel XT 350D

"G.T." wrote in message
Forest Wanderer wrote:
I love my new canon camera. It takes amazing pictures compared to the
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 21st 06, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By C J Southern
New Sigma lense, maybe good for portraits?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Sigma is about to release a new prime 70 mm f 2.8 lens, a macro,
that might be a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36