Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SimonLW
Forum: Digital Photography February 14th 07, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By SimonLW
Canon lenses are more versatile and better than Nikkors!

"David J Taylor"
wrote in message ...
Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
It's true! Only...
Forum: Digital Photography February 14th 07, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Posted By SimonLW
Nikon 18-200

"Just D" wrote in message
Hm, very interesting article... Probably the first that I've ever seen
about Nikkor 18-200 lens with less...

"Just D" wrote in message
Hm, very interesting article... Probably the first that I've ever seen
about Nikkor 18-200 lens with less...
Forum: Digital Photography February 12th 07, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By SimonLW
BIG pictures or SMALL pictures ?

"Albert" wrote in message
Over the past 10 years, I've owned 3 digital cameras--one with 0.3
megapixels (VGA),...
Forum: Digital Photography February 12th 07, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By SimonLW
Tasmania (or, how am I doing with my first DSLR?)

"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, Mark² exclaimed (12-Feb-07 6:40 PM):
jmc wrote:
Forum: Digital Photography February 12th 07, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By SimonLW
Newbie question - Difference between 2meg and 3Meg cameras ?

wrote in message
OK. Apart from the obivous that one an take pictures with 3Mb
pixels.....

In terms...
Forum: Digital Photography February 9th 07, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By SimonLW
The format mess

When I shoot with virtually any compact camera and have the shots printed,
they have to lop of the top and bottom of the image to fill the frame. With
my XTi, the format fits the 6x4 print just...
Forum: Digital Photography February 8th 07, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By SimonLW
Snapfish hit me with a $15 handling fee :\

"samduhman" wrote in message
I bought my wife the 1000 photo deal quite a while back. It was .10
cents...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By SimonLW
What's the digital camera brand lineup

wrote in message
Some of the respected brands of 35mm film camera were Nikon, Canon,
Pentax, Olympus, Minolta,...

wrote in message
Some of the respected brands of 35mm film camera were Nikon, Canon,
Pentax, Olympus, Minolta,...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 07, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By SimonLW
Best low light compact

"Klaus Jensen" wrote in message
I will be travelling in Europe and need to take photos inside
relatively dark...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 07, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By SimonLW
Optimal distance

"il barbi" wrote in message
I'm taking several photos of documents laying on a table with my Coolpix
L1...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 07, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By SimonLW
Ricoh Caplio R30 resolutions

"whatever" wrote in message
I've just purchased this camera and started using it..... and I can't
find one...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 5th 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL
Replies: 2
Posted By SimonLW
ANNI'S #1 FOOTBALL TIP !

"Annika1980" wrote in message
1. If you are playing for a football Championship, DO NOT, under any
Forum: Digital Photography February 2nd 07, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By SimonLW
How many stops do I lose to a polariser?

"Justin C" wrote in message

Took some pictures the other day at Beachy Head. For those not familiar,
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 07, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By SimonLW
Which one of these?

"Bob Willard" wrote in message
QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
Hi Looking at getting a photo editor. Any users here of...
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 07, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By SimonLW
About expensive lenses

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
Bill wrote:

What is bokeh? I have seen it referred to in a couple of posts.

It is a...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 07, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By SimonLW
Why do some of my lenses not work on D70s?

"Craig Johnson" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:38:41 +1300, frederick wrote:

Try this link...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 07, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 38
Posted By SimonLW
Can high mAh NiMH's damage older cameras?

"ASAAR" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:54:30 GMT, Paul D. Sullivan wrote:

My Oly C5050 came with 1700mAh batteries,...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 07, 12:27 PM Posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By SimonLW
FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

wrote in message
No more. Now you have to pay for it.
BP

? You can still download AVG 7.5 free edition. 7.1...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 07, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By SimonLW
nothing

wrote in message
I am a burmese girl.I am interesting IT.But I am not effective it now.
I am trying in it.
What...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 07, 12:16 PM Posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By SimonLW
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro (Nikon AF)

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" wrote in message
The APO version of this lens is much better, I would definitely choose the
APO version over...
Forum: Digital Photography January 25th 07, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By SimonLW
Some interesting innovations for 2007

"David J Taylor"
wrote in message ...
There are some interesting innovations already this...
Forum: Digital Photography January 25th 07, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By SimonLW
ROXIO REBATE SCAM

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I needed to burn some photo CD's and DVD's so I purchased Easy Mediator
Creator 9 which advertised a...
Forum: Digital Photography January 24th 07, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By SimonLW
Pentax T30. Just one more example of why P&S is now a backwater