Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.44 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bart van der Wolf
Forum: Digital Photography March 17th 07, 01:42 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Reducing Images - best practice?

"Don Stauffer in Minnesota" wrote in message
On Mar 16, 6:39 am, wrote:
Just...
Forum: Digital Photography March 12th 07, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 277
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
low light

"John Sheehy" wrote in message
"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote in
Forum: Digital Photography March 12th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 277
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
low light

"John Sheehy" wrote in message
"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote
in...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Pixma ip5200 optimum resolution

"Photo Dave" wrote in message
SNIP
Sorry if I didn't make it clear that I was asking a question.
Forum: Digital Photography February 16th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
HDR Photography

wrote in message
Hi everyone, just posting this message to let you know a good place
where you can find info about...
Forum: Digital Photography February 14th 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Newsgroup quotes, message styles, etc.

"Paul D. Sullivan" wrote in message
You seem a very arrogant, unpleasant person. Not worth continuing
any conversation with.

Forum: Digital Photography February 14th 07, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Is a 1/1.8" (7.18 x 5.32 mm) sensor sufficient for 10mp and 12mp?

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
SNIP
But there's a consensus, and while not terribly solid, it's
established here...
Forum: Digital Photography February 11th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Is a 1/1.8" (7.18 x 5.32 mm) sensor sufficient for 10mp and 12mp?

"Paul D. Sullivan" wrote in message
I keep hearing from students and folks with laptops that since they
only have 800 vertical pixels,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 7th 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
[OT] Build quality?

Bart van der Wolf wrote:

"John McWilliams" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 6th 07, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
[OT] Build quality?

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
SNIP
I was rather hoping the Dutch would invade over here, and teach a
few lessons...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 6th 07, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
[OT] Build quality?

"Skip" wrote in message

Y'know, that's an invasion I just might go along with, if not join
in on! G

In fact the "The...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 6th 07, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
[OT] Build quality?

"jeremy" wrote in message
SNIP
Yes, but I hear that they practice involuntary euthanasia on people
deemed to having medical conditions...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 1st 07, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Sigma 170-500mm

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote in message ...
SNIP
(I just returned from Africa where I took the 500 and 300 f/4
lenses,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 1st 07, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
DSLR won't meter longer than 30 seconds exposures.

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
SNIP
Seems rather odd that they coded for all the rest, but couldn't
manage to...
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 07, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
LCD monitor calibration

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote in message ...
SNIP
For example: this image:
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 07, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
LCD monitor calibration

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote in message ...
SNIP
I plan on buying a second monitor. such as a Lacie 321 or
apple cinema...
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 07, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Irfanview slideshow problem

"mwebsurfer" wrote in message
I tried Irfanviews' slideshow with JPG's and when I displayed my
pics on a plasma tv, there were jaggy...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 30th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Enlarging digital images - how big is big?

"Bart van der Wolf" wrote in message

"Doug MacDonald" wrote in
message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 30th 07, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Enlarging digital images - how big is big?

"Doug MacDonald" wrote in
message ...
SNIP
So maybe today the disbelievers and pundits will be satisfied, maybe
not.
I have...
Forum: Digital Photography November 28th 06, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 91
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Largest megapixel digital cameras available for home market

"rafe b" wrote in message
SNIP
It's possible (or likely) that Qimage would work around
some of these problems. OTOH,...
Forum: Digital Photography November 27th 06, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 154
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
flawed megapixel experiment

"George Deliz" wrote in message
SNIP
Yes, but just what is correct antialiasing given that the AA filter
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 27th 06, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 42
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
WHAT'S UP WITH THE 20D?

"Frank ess" wrote in message
ShibbyShane wrote:
SNIP

AKA Ugliest Dogs In the World

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 27th 06, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 32
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Nervous About A Lens Purchase

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
Now if only you'd had a 300mm f4 handy that day... :)

:) indeed, but Skip's...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 27th 06, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Leica's M8 fixes

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote in message ...
SNIP
Our solution: We will offer special screw-on type UV/IR filters
for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 27th 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By Bart van der Wolf
Teleconverters and Canon 70-300, IS,f4-5.6 USM

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote in message ...
SNIP
For the OP: your zoom is not high enough quality to benefit from a
TC...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125