Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mike
Forum: Digital Photography October 5th 07, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By mike
Compress different parts of a pix by different amounts?

Pat wrote:
On Oct 5, 2:18 am, mike wrote:
I don't know the proper terms, but here's the idea.
Take a big pix at high resolution (eg spectators at a football game).
Use...
Forum: Digital Photography October 5th 07, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By mike
Compress different parts of a pix by different amounts?

JL wrote:
Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 (12) does it but not freeware.
And it creates the html code for including in the webpage.

Using PSP, you cut the image in rectangles and apply a different...
Forum: Digital Photography October 5th 07, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Paul Bartram wrote:
"mike" wrote

I don't know the proper terms, but here's the idea.
Take a big pix at high resolution (eg spectators at a football game).
Use a...
Forum: Digital Photography October 5th 07, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By mike
Compress different parts of a pix by different amounts?

I don't know the proper terms, but here's the idea.
Take a big pix at high resolution (eg spectators at a football game).
Use a combination of pixel scaling and compression to
get a highly compressed...
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 07, 11:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 33
Posted By mike
How to change the icon of Irfanview in the taskbar when it'srunning

Ralph Fox wrote:
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:17:38 -0700, in message ,
Philip Peters wrote:

How does one change the icon for Irfanview?

How does one...
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 07, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
Canon A50 serial twain driver won't

ASAAR wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 07:39:18 GMT, mike wrote:

Camera is gonna be in a remote location.
The driver page implies that I can snap a picture remotely and download it.
Can't do...
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 07, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By mike
Whatever happened to fast-charge batteries? What about HybridNiMH?

ASAAR wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 06:41:45 GMT, mike wrote:

Last few weeks I've picked up some AA battery chargers at garage sales.
got a 30 minute one, a 15 minute one and a 8.5 minute...
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 07, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
Canon A50 serial twain driver won't

ASAAR wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 06:34:35 GMT, mike wrote:

Canon A50
Twain driver version 3.70
Windows 2000 sp4
The driver shows up in the list of twain drivers in irfanview.
The...
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 07, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By mike
Whatever happened to fast-charge batteries?

Last few weeks I've picked up some AA battery chargers at garage sales.
got a 30 minute one, a 15 minute one and a 8.5 minute one.
Went looking for batteries and can't find any in the local...
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 07, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
Canon A50 serial twain driver won't

Canon A50
Twain driver version 3.70
Windows 2000 sp4
The driver shows up in the list of twain drivers in irfanview.
The Canon window opens, but the driver can't find the camera.
I'm using a serial...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10