Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.72 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wilba[_3_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 3rd 11, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Why Isn't Reflected Light Subject To Inverse Square Law?

GA wrote:

Why isn't reflected light subject to Inverse Square Law?

Because the inverse square law applies to point sources, and I assume you're
thinking of a uniformly radiant source filling...
Forum: Digital Photography February 7th 11, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
And the E-PL2 goes back

Bowser wrote:

All that considered, can you point to any actual photos to prove Leica's
superiority? Photos that couldn't be taken with an SLR with a good lens?
Leica's lenses are gems, no...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 11, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro L IS: Depth of field chart wanted

don tuttle wrote:

Thanks for all help. I got an iPad app that calculates depth of field
for combinations of variables.

You know that DoF is just one part of the sharpness story? Most people...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 11, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro L IS: Depth of field chart wanted

Robert Coe wrote:

Note that if the camera is mounted on a stable tripod with no wind or
ground shake to make it move, you might as well turn the stabilizer off,
since there's nothing that it...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 11, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
How to take photos of superheroes?

Lloyd Hearsewave wrote:

Superheroes are usually too fast or do have anti-photo auras, so you can't
take photos of them.

Is there a way to take photos of superheroes?

You need a camera...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 15th 11, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Troy? Noones? other Aussies?

Troy Piggins wrote:
Wilba wrote :
Troy Piggins wrote:
Alan Browne wrote :

You guys have your heads and gear above water?

What's going on?

G'day Alan and everyone...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 14th 11, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Troy? Noones? other Aussies?

Troy Piggins wrote:
Alan Browne wrote :

You guys have your heads and gear above water?

What's going on?

G'day Alan and everyone else! Thanks for your kind thoughts.
Forum: Digital Photography January 11th 11, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
I had to chuckle

Dudley Hanks wrote:

As I put forward above, it appears that Canon writers were
referring to adjusting the aperture if the displayed image is
either over- or under-exposed, in effect,...
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 10, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 96
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

Eric Stevens wrote:

http://theselvedgeyard.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/munro6.jpg?w=600&h=442
shows the riding position and the standard of finish with which I was
familiar. I think the seat...
Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 10, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Nikon's patent applications for mirrorless camera system?

Neil Harrington wrote:
Wilba wrote:
Neil Ellwood wrote:
Wilba wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou said:

I was able to...
Forum: Digital Photography November 17th 10, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Nikon's patent applications for mirrorless camera system?

Neil Ellwood wrote:
Wilba wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou said:

I was able to average 28 mpg on the open highway in my Hemi...
Forum: Digital Photography November 16th 10, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Nikon's patent applications for mirrorless camera system?

Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou said:

I was able to average 28 mpg on the open highway in my Hemi Chrysler
300C!
Never thought I'd see a day like...
Forum: Digital Photography November 16th 10, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 102
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Are some colour balance settings better than others?

George Kerby wrote:
Wilba wrote:
Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Custom white balance off a gray card should make all colors accurate.

A "grey card" isn't necessarily grey. All it has to do...
Forum: Digital Photography November 16th 10, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Custom white balance off a gray card should make all colors accurate.

A "grey card" isn't necessarily grey. All it has to do is reflect 18% of the
incident light, but...
Forum: Digital Photography November 15th 10, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 102
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Are some colour balance settings better than others?

Dudley Hanks wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
Dudley Hanks wrote:

When it comes to getting an accurate read on the white in a
picture, how much of the frame needs to be white? The...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 11th 10, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Did Pentax bail out of commie Vietnam?

Alan Browne wrote:
Me wrote:

http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2010/results

Singapo 9.3 ^ cleaner
Sweden: 9.2
Finland: ...
Forum: Digital Photography November 8th 10, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 54
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Is video degrading new still camera models?

Alex VI wrote:
Alex VI wrote:

I have an idea what most hot blooded males would do with their cameras
if they had video.

In case you haven't worked it out, I'm talking about...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 23rd 10, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 37
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
DPReview relocates - from London, England, to Seattle, WA, USA!

Robert Coe wrote:
Wilba wrote:
: Robert Coe wrote:
:
: Cameras already ignore the 1/x convention in the shutter speeds they
: select automatically.
:
: And manually. My 450D goes...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 23rd 10, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

Robert Coe wrote:

Cameras already ignore the 1/x convention in the shutter speeds they
select automatically.

And manually. My 450D goes (in 1/3 step increments) ... 1/8, 1/6, 1/5, 1/4,
0"3,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 21st 10, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Better in low light: D7000 or D300?

Robert Coe wrote:

Now that I frequently carry two cameras, I understand the attraction of
the R
strap. What concerns me is that it appears that the cameras will be a lot
more
vulnerable...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 5th 10, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 38
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Resdy to buy

jim wrote:

I've putzed around with digital cameras for years and am now ready to take
the plunge and purchase a DSLR. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a Canon EOS
Rebel XSi. Any input from...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 3rd 10, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Give me a plastic camera any day

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/news/show/99727/nikon-d70-vs-canon-400d-destruction-durability-test.html

"The Canon... it's like the cockroach of cameras."
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 10th 10, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
Fujifilm's image sensor based phase detection explained

Alan Browne wrote:

That depends a lot on FL, subject and aperture. And to be sure the "old"
prism based MF was a lot more accurate than any AF which all depend on a
hysteresis band.

I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 30th 10, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
How Canon PD AF Works

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
Wilba wrote:

4. Flash the torch on the target (the briefest flash you can make).

Try an external flash gun and trigger it --- that'll be even
briefer.

True...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 27th 10, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Wilba[_3_]
How Canon PD AF Works

Crikey, I'm excited! I just found the best way yet to look inside the
operation of Canon's phase detect auto-focus. This emphatically drives a
stake through the heart of RD Kirk's open-loop...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125