Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Randy Berbaum
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 07, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Lens perspective distortion and DSLR crop factor

wrote:
: Hi all,

: I attended the Rocky Mountain School of Photography last week and
: their equipment guru made a claim that is inconsistent with my earlier
: understanding of...
Forum: Digital Photography May 13th 07, 10:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Can I use an old fashion flash unit with a digital camera?

wrote:
: I have just bought a Canon PowerShot G7, and this camera has a hot
: shoe. Does anybody know wheteher I can use an old fashioned flash unit
: with this hot shoe, or...
Forum: Digital Photography May 13th 07, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Converting large multiple jpegs to small files

Hall wrote:
: I have hundreds of very large jpeg photo files (3-6MB each) and I want
: to convert them to a smaller resolution (say under 500KB each.

: Can anyone recommend...
Forum: Digital Photography May 12th 07, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Desperately seeking optics to augment a camera viewfinder.

In rec.photo.digital Peter Jason wrote:

: "Wilba" wrote
: in message
: ...
: Peter Jason wrote:
:
: I...
Forum: Digital Photography May 11th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By Randy Berbaum
When Good I.S. Goes Bad

Aaron wrote:

: This rule of thumb is very helpful and *does* apply in digital. The
: formal rule is that your shutter speed must exceed the reciprocal of
: your working...
Forum: Digital Photography May 10th 07, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Randy Berbaum
How to take photos at night?

Sarath wrote:

: Dear Garry,
: Thanks for your detailed reply. I tried with Both Night Scene and
: Program mode for the shots. But none of this could help me out :)
: Seems I...
Forum: Digital Photography May 7th 07, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Thumbnail question

Rudy Lacchin wrote:

: So is the little picture actually the full-size picture, but displayed
: small? (That would be unusual.) Or is it a tiny version of the...
Forum: Digital Photography May 5th 07, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Always disapponted by my (digital) pictures

Mike O'Sullivan wrote:
: Roy G wrote:
:
: I have read this thread, and I do agree that the images straight from
: a Digicam, (mines is Nikon D70), seem less saturated,...
Forum: Digital Photography April 30th 07, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Auto

wrote:
: I just got an XTi and have played around with most of the settings. I
: have noticed that in Auto the ISO is always 400. Should it not vary
: with the different...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Randy Berbaum
How Can I Use My Canon SD30 as a Movie Player

wrote:
: I have a Canon SD30 which records and plays AVI files. I tried to
: load an AVI file onto the memory chip and play it but the Canon didn't
: recognize it because...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Polarizing Filter

Neil Harrington wrote:

: I would still use the polarizer alone, not on top of the UV filter.

Stacking the two filters will not hamper the function of either filter.
And for some...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Now this is serious

Bill Funk wrote:
: On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:09:04 -0700, "jloo" wrote:

: LIke how the pants are rolled up? Must have walked through a puddle?

: Nah, no puddle.
:...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 07, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Transferring ACDSee Database to new computer

JAM wrote:
: Does anyone know how to move an ACDsee database from one computer to
: another?

: My story is that I have upgraded to a new PC, and have transferred my
: photo...
Forum: Digital Photography April 27th 07, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Digital Camera Memory Cards - Oh No, I Have No Place To Store My Pictures!

POHB wrote:

: "one should buy one 256 MB or two 128MB memory cards. This probably
: will provide enough memory space to meet the photo shoot requirements"

: and 640K ought...
Forum: Digital Photography April 26th 07, 09:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Randy Berbaum
How to crack a canon zr 830? any ideas?

wrote:
: How to crack a canon zr 830? any ideas?

Drop a heavy rock on it? :)

Randy

==========
Randy Berbaum
Champaign, IL
Forum: Digital Photography April 26th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Best software for panoramic stitching and adding borders?

Bill wrote:
: On 25 Apr 2007 00:30:53 -0700, Luttrell wrote:

: Can anyone add their 2 cents on this subject?

: Check out free Autostitch...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 07, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Randy Berbaum
How to set exposure for split-neutral density filter?

Jack wrote:

: Randy:
: Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't yet placed my order with B&H, so I'm
: not locked into a round versus square filter shape. I must admit I...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 07, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Randy Berbaum
How to set exposure for split-neutral density filter?

Jack wrote:
: Got a question I'm having trouble coming up with an answer for. Trying
: to spend less time in Photoshop to fix picture exposure when shooting
: pics that...
Forum: Digital Photography April 21st 07, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Photography and copyright laws...

wrote:

: Another similar question. Some famous photos (for example a picture of
: the Grand Canyon) can be re-created by yourself, as the locations
: where the photos were taken...
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 07, 09:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 58
Posted By Randy Berbaum
DSLR Movie capability

Lew wrote:
: Which DSLRs have movie capability currently?

: If there are none, what are the latest rumors about which company will
: bring out the first one?

: Please spare me...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 07, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Randy Berbaum
cap vs filter

Mike wrote:
: Hi ,

: Does it worth to use UV filters? probably yes, reading such : "This UV
: filters should be constantly fitted to a lens to ensure clarity and
: colour balance...
Forum: Digital Photography March 18th 07, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Petal Shaped Lens Hoods

ASAAR wrote:

: I should amend my first sentence. Since vignetting is one of the
: easier image problems for software to correct, there might be a use
: for super-hoods, designed...
Forum: Digital Photography March 18th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Randy Berbaum
For 1.5 frame, is 50mm better than 85 for portraits?

DeanB wrote:
: What's the prefered FL for head/shoulder portraits on a 1.5 frame
: camera, such as Nikon? I feel that on FF the 85 provides for the best
: facial impression...
Forum: Digital Photography March 18th 07, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Randy Berbaum
Petal Shaped Lens Hoods

Skip wrote:
: "ASAAR" wrote in message
: ...
: On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:31:00 -0000, Geoff. Hayward wrote:
:...
Forum: Digital Photography March 17th 07, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Randy Berbaum
XD card backup problems

MikeM wrote:
: Because the XD slot on my portable HDD only copies files from the XD
: to the HDD if the 1 GB card is not full. Since I bought an Olympus
: SP-550UZ a couple...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125