Showing results 1 to 25 of 106
Search took 0.87 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Doug Payne
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 12th 10, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Doug Payne
GPS track logging and photo tagging

On 3/11/2010 6:17 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

Just curious as to who logs their outdoor activities with a GPS.

I don't mean navigation, just recording the track for later playback in
Google Earth...
Forum: Digital Photography March 12th 10, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Doug Payne
GPS track logging and photo tagging

On 3/11/2010 6:17 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

Just curious as to who logs their outdoor activities with a GPS.

I don't mean navigation, just recording the track for later playback in
Google Earth...
Forum: Digital Photography December 15th 09, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 122
Posted By Doug Payne
[SI] New Mandate: 46.8 Degrees; due Januray 17th, 2010

Bruce wrote:

Please don't think, not for a single moment, that I care. ;-)

Polson, you silly old ****, how in hell did you escape from my killfile?
(Don't bother replying, it's a rhetorical...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 3rd 09, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Doug Payne
Q. for the geeks

Annika1980 wrote:
We've all seen TV newscasts that show a reporter live in Iraq being
interviewed by the CNN anchor back home in the ATL. There is always a
few seconds delay since it takes...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 25th 09, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Doug Payne
Nikon lenses: 16-85mm v. 18-105mm

NadCixelsyd wrote:
Anyone have a comparison of these two lenses? My readings tell me
that the 16-85 is a slightly better lens, but what's your experience
with either...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 30th 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By Doug Payne
[SI] Wide - Comments (Who am I to critique?)

Russell D. wrote:

wide_Doug_Payne_3.jpg - This picture is cropped to tightly on the bottom
for me. The sky is just not interesting enough to be that dominant. Cool
bridge though. Where is it...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 29th 08, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 32
Posted By Doug Payne
[SI] "Wide" critique

Troy Piggins wrote:

Doug Payne 1:
6mm! Now that's wide! How come no fisheye effect? Corrected
PP? Cool sky. Difficult to get that right and FG not so dark.

Note the camera; that 6mm on a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 8th 08, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 27
Posted By Doug Payne
A none digital post

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 9/8/2008 12:41 PM Doug Payne spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I've got a bunch of old cameras (mostly folding plate cameras) that
have the big...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 8th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 27
Posted By Doug Payne
A none digital post

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I've got a bunch of old cameras (mostly folding plate cameras) that have the big holes.

And this relates to 35mm films cameras how, exactly?
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 5th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Doug Payne
DON'T GORGE YOURSELF WITH THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60!

David Nebenzahl wrote:

This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, blah, blah, blah

Ironic, considering that you're posting anonymously from a computer
owned by your employer, a company that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 1st 08, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 144
Posted By Doug Payne
GIMP

Mike -- Email Ignored wrote:
I use Nikon Capture NX, but I need healing and patch
tools. A friend suggested I try GIMP. Any comments?

It's free. What have you got to lose by trying it for...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 23rd 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 39
Posted By Doug Payne
archive of past shootins

jimkramer wrote:

You just wait until they get that quantum computer thingy working! :-)

We're workin' on it:

http://www.iqc.ca/
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 15th 08, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Doug Payne
[SI] Weekly Reminder. The current mandate ("open") is due 2008.08.31

Doug Payne wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Doug Payne wrote:
What happened to the auto-response when submitting?

I just tested it and it works. Did you receive it?

Nope. Hmm, maybe it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 15th 08, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Alan Browne wrote:
Doug Payne wrote:
What happened to the auto-response when submitting?

I just tested it and it works. Did you receive it?

Nope. Hmm, maybe it got tagged as spam and I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 15th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Jürgen Exner wrote:
Doug Payne wrote:
What happened to the auto-response when submitting?

There is none on Usenet except when posting to "test" NGs.

I was...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 15th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Doug Payne
[SI] Weekly Reminder. The current mandate ("open") is due 2008.08.31

What happened to the auto-response when submitting?
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 2nd 08, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Doug Payne
The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

Tony, put up or shut up.

Ya know, for all the rhetoric about responding to #2 bozos and hoping
for better times and filtering messages and ceasing involvement in flame
wars, yadda, yadda, it...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 31st 08, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Doug Payne
[SI] The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

jimkramer wrote:

"Doug Payne" wrote in message
I still say give NewsProxy a try. Filter out anything that's cross-posted....
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 31st 08, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Doug Payne
[SI] The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

jimkramer wrote:
"jimkramer" wrote in message
Hello Shoot-In Fans, Well-Wishers, Despisers, and the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 31st 08, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Doug Payne
[SI] The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

Ken Nadvornick wrote:

I do not any longer actively follow this NG, for reasons the oldtimers already
know. [...]

Thanks for all that, Ken. It mirrors my feelings exactly. That you took
the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 30th 08, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Doug Payne
[SI] The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

jimkramer wrote:

For the record I am filtering out all gmail addresses to control SPAM.

And for precisely that reason I don't and won't submit. This is from my
work address so I assume you'll...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 26th 07, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Payne
D200 bad for left-eyed people

Eric Miller wrote:
Roy Smith wrote:
Having now owned my D200 for almost a year, I finally figured out one
of the bizarre little twists of the camera. The focus area selection
has always...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 13th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.sport.golf
Replies: 18
Posted By Doug Payne
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRET!!

Bow Tie wrote:

Quite a co-inky-dink. FWIW, my nephew and I have the same birthday.

Never heard of the birthday paradox, eh?
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 19th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By Doug Payne
of possible interest to GIMP users

http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/07/07/10/1817230.shtml
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 19th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems