Showing results 1 to 25 of 97
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nathantw
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 07, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By nathantw
Nikon D3 video

I actually like this video. The person has his video lens looking
through the D3 viewfinder and starts shooting pictures with it. Very
cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz7TcYNib1k
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 15th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 37
Posted By nathantw
Medium format digital is so expensive

On May 7, 1:12 pm, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
JSP wrote:
You don't think a 10-22mm lens (Canon) is wide enough?

That's an EF-S lens, so it's only useful on the 1.6x crop...
Forum: Digital Photography May 15th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 56

JSP wrote:
You don't think a 10-22mm lens (Canon) is wide enough?

That's an EF-S lens, so it's only useful on the 1.6x crop...
Forum: Medium Format Equipment For Sale March 20th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format
Replies: 0
Posted By nathantw
FA: Kodak DCS Pro Back Plus for your Hasselblad

Here's a Kodak Pro Back Plus for your Hasselblad for sale. http://
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE
%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220094338554&rd=1&rd=1
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 9th 07, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 9
Posted By nathantw
making CF lens a CFE lens?

On Mar 9, 9:49 am, "Q.G. de Bakker" wrote:
-= H.=- asked:
With CF lenses, does one have to stop down the lens manually before each
shot or...? Does TTL work, etc.?

Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 9th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 37
Posted By nathantw
Medium format digital is so expensive

On Mar 9, 10:50 am, "Scott W" wrote:
I have not been keeping up lately, are the flat beds getting good
enough to give the Nikon 9000 a run for its money? The last I was

I...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

On Mar 9, 10:50 am, "Scott W" wrote:
I have not been keeping up lately, are the flat beds getting good
enough to give the Nikon 9000 a run for its money? The last I was

I...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 56
Posted By nathantw
Medium format digital is so expensive

On Mar 9, 8:07 am, "jeremy" wrote:
"nathantw" wrote in message

Kinda makes you yearn for...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 9th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 37
Posted By nathantw
Medium format digital is so expensive

On Mar 9, 8:07 am, "jeremy" wrote:
"nathantw" wrote in message

Kinda makes you yearn for...
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 06, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 48
Posted By nathantw
M is for Magenta

Sounds like the beta testers, ahem I mean early adopters, have done a
great service for Leica while instead of charging the company a salary
they're paying the company $5000 each to test their...
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 06, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 87
Posted By nathantw
Is APS dead?

It's too bad that Kodachrome in 120 format died. I think Kodachrome
processing being done by just one company in the entire US is really
sad.

Ron Baird wrote:
Greetings Nailer,

Actually, Kodak...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 24th 06, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 8
Posted By nathantw
Tripod ??

Chris wrote:
Any recomendations for a descent tripod that I can get, and feel that my old
Hasselblad will be safe on it? There are so many out there that it makes it
hard to decide.

It all...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 12th 06, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 15
Posted By nathantw
What? No 400 speed slide film?

Rob Novak wrote:
Provia 400 tends to go a little blue in overcast conditions. I always
use a warming filter with it when it's cloudy out.

Got my slides back from the lab and they're fantastic....
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 11th 06, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 15
Posted By nathantw
What? No 400 speed slide film?

Robert Feinman wrote:
It is getting harder to find all types of film in general. Unless
you have some specific reason to shoot slides I suggest you really
try negative film instead. If you are...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 11th 06, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 171
Posted By nathantw
No film shooters

Matthew Winn wrote:
I recently bought a digital compact to help when I'm dismantling
mechanical shutters so I don't forget how they go back together. I

Wouldn't a video camera be better for that?
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 10th 06, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 15
Posted By nathantw
What? No 400 speed slide film?

Greg _ wrote:
So this weekend I needed 400 speed slide film.

E200 pushed "IS" actually less grainy, your lose.

You mean "my loss?" I'll try it some other time. One good thing with
film is...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 10th 06, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 15
Posted By nathantw
What? No 400 speed slide film?

Bandicoot wrote:
Is that Provia 400F then? Or the new one Fuji was talking about?

I'm pretty sure it was Provia 400F. I didn't need the higher saturation
and vivid color (faster speed Velvia?)...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 10th 06, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 15
Posted By nathantw
What? No 400 speed slide film?

MLIDDELL wrote:
I always though most people avoided 400 slide film since the grain was
an issue. Shooting 400 neg was less grainy.

You know, I heard the same about 400 speed slide film too. I...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 10th 06, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 11
Posted By nathantw
Expired film

I still have one roll of 120-size Kodachrome 64 just to prove to myself
that it did exist at one time.

Simon Meeds wrote:
"Steve Bosell" wrote in message
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 10th 06, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 15
Posted By nathantw
What? No 400 speed slide film?

So this weekend I needed 400 speed slide film. I went to one pro photo
store and asked for Kodak 400 speed slide film. "We don't have any."
"How about Fuji?" Nope, sold out. He said "We have 200...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 28th 06, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By nathantw
strange optical effect

The lenses might not have been multi-coated (no coating?) or the
aperture blades might have been reflecting the light. I've seen this
effect in movies made in the 1970's when they were using their...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 25th 06, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 321
Posted By nathantw
Leica M8 - is the lens mount THAT expensive?

UC wrote:
If you don't already know, you're so ****ing stupid that you should be
put out of your misery.

Go **** your autofocus Ni****.

Such intelligent words from a Troll.
Forum: Digital Photography September 25th 06, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 281

UC wrote:
If you don't already know, you're so ****ing stupid that you should be
put out of your misery.

Go **** your autofocus Ni****.

Such intelligent words from a Troll.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 25th 06, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 321
Posted By nathantw
Leica M8 - is the lens mount THAT expensive?

Bandicoot wrote:
If you really knew watches you wouldn't say Patek was "considered the best
made". George Daniel surely takes that crown.

George Daniel's escapement is fine. It took him quite a...
Forum: Digital Photography September 25th 06, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital