Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dale[_4_]
Forum: Digital Photography April 6th 14, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Dale[_4_]
A 12 megapixel FF from Sony?

On 04/05/2014 07:44 PM, RichA wrote:
Looks like they are either dedicating it to video, or, they want the lowest noise sensor built.

Forum: Digital Photography April 6th 14, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Dale[_4_]
Should I short digital camera manufacturers?

On 04/04/2014 11:31 PM, nospam wrote:
a phone is good enough for most situations where someone might have
previously brought an slr or compact, and the phone cameras keep
improving.

what about...
Forum: Digital Photography March 31st 14, 10:01 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 8
Posted By Dale[_4_]
Adobe Reader 7,8

On 2014-03-30 08:09, Dale wrote:
Thanks much, but I can't find the Linux versions, any ideas?
I need version 7 or 8

Same Google...
Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 14, 07:09 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 8
Posted By Dale[_4_]
Adobe Reader 7,8

On 03/29/2014 07:34 AM, Jeroen wrote:
Hi,

I was going to offer an older version from my own private
collection, but you should really use Google better...

Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 14, 03:20 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 8
Posted By Dale[_4_]
Adobe Reader 7,8

On 03/21/2014 12:59 PM, Martin Leese wrote:
Dale wrote:
anyone know where I can get a copy of Adobe Reader 7 or 8 for Linux
from a reliable place that does not have backdoors or viruses,...
Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 14, 03:17 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 8
Posted By Dale[_4_]
Adobe Reader 7,8

On 03/21/2014 12:52 PM, Martin Leese wrote:
Dale wrote:
anyone know where I can get a copy of Adobe Reader 7 or 8 for Linux
from a reliable place that does not have backdoors or viruses,...
Forum: Digital Photography March 20th 14, 06:29 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 8
Posted By Dale[_4_]
Adobe Reader 7,8

anyone know where I can get a copy of Adobe Reader 7 or 8 for Linux
from a reliable place that does not have backdoors or viruses, etc. ?

Adobe's site only has 9.5(5?) for Linux

It was called...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 16th 14, 12:47 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 0
Posted By Dale[_4_]
method for ICC profile of Digital Camera

I have read on the ICC website that color management has not taken hold
in digital yet

but to characterize a digital camera you need white point (illuminant) data

right now the choices are to make...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 14, 07:50 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 4
Posted By Dale[_4_]
ICC gamut mapping

On 03/07/2014 06:26 AM, Neil Ellwood wrote:
On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 00:59:14 -0500, Dale wrote:

The ICC http://www.color.org has four gamut rendering intents
Still talking to yourself.

Forum: Digital Photography March 6th 14, 09:12 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 4
Posted By Dale[_4_]
ICC gamut mapping

On 03/06/2014 12:59 AM, Dale wrote:
wouldn't it be better to provide the user more choices on perceptual
rendering based on different outputs? transparencies and translucencies
have a much...
Forum: Digital Photography March 6th 14, 09:09 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 4
Posted By Dale[_4_]
ICC gamut mapping

On 03/06/2014 12:59 AM, Dale wrote:
wouldn't it be better to provide the user more choices on perceptual
rendering based on different outputs? transparencies and translucencies
have a much...
Forum: Digital Photography March 6th 14, 06:59 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 4
Posted By Dale[_4_]
ICC gamut mapping

The ICC
http://www.color.org
has four gamut rendering intents

colorimetric, including light source conversion as some semblance of
appearance consideration, and no shrinking of the output gamut to...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 3rd 14, 05:40 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 2
Posted By Dale[_4_]
"look and feel" of film and ICC abstract profiles

On 03/02/2014 10:16 PM, Dale wrote:

besides industry algorithms, you could use system development
techniques, and film building techniques as editing algorithms

unsharp masking is a film...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 3rd 14, 04:16 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 2
Posted By Dale[_4_]
"look and feel" of film and ICC abstract profiles

On 03/02/2014 12:00 AM, Dale wrote:

to make an abstract profile or abstract profile editor, you could do it
two ways, mechanistically (hard way) or empirical (easy way)

mechanistic...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 2nd 14, 06:00 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 2
Posted By Dale[_4_]
"look and feel" of film and ICC abstract profiles

when I worked at Kodak R&D they had something called QsubA which was an
analysis of the pleasure of an image as opposed to the accuracy, it went
beyond color reproduction and included image...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 2nd 14, 02:37 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 9
Posted By Dale[_4_]
dynamic range and exposure latitude?

On 03/01/2014 08:48 AM, Jeroen wrote:

Sounds good. Maybe you can give some thought on how a DCI P3
color gamut carried in a BT.2020 wide color gamut can be
automatically mapped back into a...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 2nd 14, 02:24 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 9
Posted By Dale[_4_]
dynamic range and exposure latitude?

On 03/01/2014 08:48 AM, Jeroen wrote:

Sounds good. Maybe you can give some thought on how a DCI P3
color gamut carried in a BT.2020 wide color gamut can be
automatically mapped back into a...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 1st 14, 01:17 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 9
Posted By Dale[_4_]
dynamic range and exposure latitude?

On 03/01/2014 06:08 AM, Jeroen wrote:
Hey Dale,

You will be happy to learn that the movie and TV industries
are collaborating on new standards for any or all of:
- high dynamic range...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 14, 05:57 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 8
Posted By Dale[_4_]
attractive pictures versus accurate pictures, and the ICC

On 02/27/2014 11:39 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Dale
wrote:

most consumers prefer the "pop" saturation of consumer films

Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 14, 04:50 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 8
Posted By Dale[_4_]
attractive pictures versus accurate pictures, and the ICC

On 02/26/2014 06:44 PM, Mort wrote:
Many people prefer bright, even gaudy colors, and find accurate color
renditions to be unattractive.

most consumers prefer the "pop" saturation of consumer...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 27th 14, 07:22 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 9
Posted By Dale[_4_]
dynamic range and exposure latitude?

On 02/26/2014 11:08 PM, Dale wrote:
maybe I should spend more time learning java than talking on usenet

and Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud Computing

java requires a license to distribute...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 27th 14, 07:16 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 9
Posted By Dale[_4_]
dynamic range and exposure latitude?

On 02/26/2014 11:58 PM, isw wrote:
In article ,
Dale wrote:

you can design a projector (exposure, filtration) in a digital
Forum: In The Darkroom February 27th 14, 06:04 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 9
Posted By Dale[_4_]
dynamic range and exposure latitude?

On 02/26/2014 11:08 PM, Dale wrote:
if you think I am a troll, give me a entry level imaging systems job in
my area and I will have to keep my ideas to myself, I don't quite
qualify for...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 27th 14, 06:03 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 9
Posted By Dale[_4_]
dynamic range and exposure latitude?

On 02/26/2014 11:08 PM, Dale wrote:

one Kodak implementation I know called Premier (a system of scanning
film, manipulating and editing film, and outputting film) used a
linearized film...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 27th 14, 05:08 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 9
Posted By Dale[_4_]
dynamic range and exposure latitude?

I don't have access to current professional equipment, software, or
media, so I will rely on feedback and past experience, and the criticism
thereof

video sensor and filtration device color space...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125