Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Carol
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 07, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Carol
Remote shutter release for Nikon Coolpix 8700

Paul

I know exactly what you mean. I moved to the 'country' in September.
My old house was so close to the neighbors that when they sneezed I
could pass them a tissue through the window while...
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 07, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Carol
What do you use to batch rename imported photos?

Good Morning Victor

Since you already have Photoshop, open Bridge. The icon is a sea shell
located on the toolbar below the menu bar next to where you park the
palettes found under Window on the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 07, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Carol
Remote shutter release for Nikon Coolpix 8700

Thank you Paul your linked info worked like a charm!!!!

I was not able to create a cable long enough to take the pictures from
inside the house. These were taken from my deck sitting behind a...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 07, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Carol
This is Your Year-End Conscience Speaking....

Ron--

I always copied my photos to an external 300 gig hard drive as soon as
I finish playing with them. There was over 200 gigs worth of pictures
on that drive and my system was working very...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 06, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Carol
cold-weather usage

wrote:
I'm reading the instructions for my new Pentax DSLR that say the
camera's operating range is 0 degrees Centigrade or higher. Where I
live it won't be above freezing...
Forum: Digital Photography December 16th 06, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Carol
Remote shutter release for Nikon Coolpix 8700

Good Morning Paul

The link you sent look great! I am heading out to my local Home Depot
and to Radio Shack and see if I can put something together.

One of the male deer was on my deck this morning...
Forum: Digital Photography December 16th 06, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Carol
Remote shutter release for Nikon Coolpix 8700

Hi Barry

I know a shutter release was made for the 8700 but it was much to
short. I need something that is about 12 feet long because the deer
come as close as 8 feet from my front door. I will...
Forum: Digital Photography December 16th 06, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Carol
Remote shutter release for Nikon Coolpix 8700

Thank you in advance for your help.

I shot with a Nikon Coolpix 8700 and need some type of remote shutter
release that will allow me to be about 12 feet away from the camera.
Using the self timer...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 9th 06, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 209
Posted By Carol
Strange question.

This link was posted a few months ago and has been very helpful to me.
It lists sunrise/sunsets via lat/long or location.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.html

Carol

Doug Payne wrote:
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 06, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Carol
I found a sony digital camera..

A Nikon camera was stolen from a locked cabinet at work a few years
ago. While making the appropriate reports I was instructed to notify
Nikon of the theft. Although it was many, many years ago and...
Forum: Digital Photography October 19th 06, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Carol
Digital resizing- Help on Boy scout eagle project

Please do not misinterpret my comment. I have the highest regard for
the young mans important and worthy project. My question is why he did
not post. Helicopter parents (parents that hover over...
Forum: Digital Photography October 19th 06, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Carol
Digital resizing- Help on Boy scout eagle project

Whose project is this yours or the Eagle Scout? Why didn't the Eagle
Scout post to this forum?

wrote:
Hello
My son is working on an Eagle Boy Scout eagle project. The project...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 06, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Carol
photo manipulation

Sure can and it is a piece of cake.

Click and hold the down triangle on the eyedropper icon
Select the measure tool (ruler)
Left click at one end of the horizon drag to the another point...
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 06, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 443
Posted By Carol
Cameras and planes

Mike wrote:
Following the foiled terror attacks on planes between Britain and the US, no
hand luggage at all can be taken onto any flights. How are photographers
going to deal with this? For...
Forum: Digital Photography July 27th 06, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Carol
Write time in TIFF format

I am a newbee to photography, I purchased my first camera in the second
half century of my life. The bug bit and I am terminally infected ;-).
First question of many to follow, write time in TIFF...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15