Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 1.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael Black[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography December 29th 15, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
National Park Service Photography Job

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015, -hh wrote:

On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 7:19:26 AM UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:

Unfortunately most of us are not going to get the job as you have to be
born after...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 15, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Learn photography! From the army!

On Sun, 8 Nov 2015, RichA wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq_O6OMqudc

The US Army used to run ads along those lines in Popular Science and
Popular Electronics. In essence "why not...
Forum: Digital Photography May 25th 15, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Universe punishes selfie imager

On Sun, 24 May 2015, RichA wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/55860997

But cameras allowed "selfies" before smartphones took off.

I have a hand me down 2.3MP digital camera, and it...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 15, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Digital Picture Frames

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015, Tony Cooper wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 23:02:07 -0500, "Mayayana"
wrote:

I've only seen one digital picture frame in use. Frankly
I just...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 15, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Digital Picture Frames

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015, Eric Stevens wrote:

Late last year I started to sift my entire collection of digital
images in a search for a particular print project I had in mind. At
the moment I have...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 14, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Adapt a digital camera to a CCTV system.

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014, Martin Brown wrote:

On 15/09/2014 04:27, Peter Jason wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 23:11:14 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 14, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Adapt a digital camera to a CCTV system.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, J. Clarke wrote:

In article ,
says...

Can this be done? There are many useful second-hand digital cameras
Forum: Digital Photography May 6th 14, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
My three biggest camera mistakes

On Sun, 4 May 2014, RichA wrote:

-Selling off my Olympus cameras and lens collection in 2001 because
"digital" was taking over. Then watching the price of old OM lenses
skyrocket as Canon...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 14, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 312
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Sony closes 2/3 of its stores in the U.S.

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, Scott Schuckert wrote:

In article ,
Michael Black wrote:

I was tempted to go down there with my...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 14, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 312
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Sony closes 2/3 of its stores in the U.S.

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Scott Schuckert wrote:

In article ,
RichA wrote:

I didn't know they only had 31 stores...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 10th 14, 06:53 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 38
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
my take on Kodak downfall

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, Paul Ciszek wrote:

In article ,
nospam wrote:
In article , Dale
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 14, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Camera sales dropping, even DSLRs are hit

On Tue, 4 Feb 2014, RichA wrote:

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:50:21 PM UTC-5, Alfred Molon wrote:
In 2013 Japanese companies sold 63 million cameras, 40% less than in 2012.

Sales of...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 14, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

On Tue, 4 Feb 2014, Alfred Molon wrote:

In 2013 Japanese companies sold 63 million cameras, 40% less than in 2012.
Sales of compact cameras dropped from 78 million in 2012 to 46 million in...
Forum: Digital Photography September 24th 13, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
iPad: First Talking Cam?

On 2013-09-15, Dudley Hanks wrote:
With VoiceOver on, the iPad cam provides minimal voice feedback about
contents / layout...
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 13, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 148
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Adobe CS6

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, Eric Stevens wrote:

A few weeks ago someone (Nospam?) very kindly gave me the URL of a
site from which Adobe CS6 was still available. All kinds of events
prevented me from...
Forum: Digital Photography July 20th 13, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
New phones

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013, Mitch Bujard wrote:

- A very simple tripod attachment. Yet again, some dirt cheep cameras
from China or India provide them ($10 or so) . Why not a luxury computer...
Forum: Digital Photography July 20th 13, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
The most worthless things on the planet: Film cameras

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013, RichA wrote:

I've seen things devalue before, but nothing matches the decline in
prices for old film cameras. 2 years ago, a Nikon FE or FM would bring
a couple hundred...
Forum: Digital Photography February 20th 13, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Night vision equipment

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Alfred Molon wrote:

Just curious: I would imagine that these units contain monochrome
sensors with large pixels and due to the high-ISO race of the past
years, current...
Forum: Digital Photography January 24th 13, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Does any camera come with a laser pointer?

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013, nick c wrote:

On 1/18/2013 1:13 PM, Michael Black wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Peter Jason wrote:

Like laser pinpointing on rifles and pistols.

I need it...
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 13, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Does any camera come with a laser pointer?

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Peter Jason wrote:

Like laser pinpointing on rifles and pistols.

I need it for shooting from the hip at weddings
and the like when the exposure is set for
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 12, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 31
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Is this the de facto general photography newsgroup?

On Mon, 3 Dec 2012, nospam wrote:

In article , Robert Coe
wrote:

ISP's don't like to operate Usenet servers because they eat up a...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 12, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Battery question

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, philo wrote:

On 10/15/2012 4:50 PM, wrote:
I'm looking at two digital camers, a Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR and a
FinePix
HS25EXR. Almost...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 12, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Battery question

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, wrote:

I'm looking at two digital camers, a Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR and a FinePix
HS25EXR. Almost identical cameras with a few minor (to me anyway)...
Forum: Digital Photography August 22nd 12, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 133
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Apple camera coming?

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, isw wrote:

In article ,
Alan Browne wrote:

The rumor mill is warming again to the...
Forum: Digital Photography August 22nd 12, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 133
Posted By Michael Black[_2_]
Apple camera coming?

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012, Paul Ciszek wrote:

One thing that would be useful for some journalists and activists is
a camera that takes better pictures than a phone camera, and transmits
them...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38