Date: 1/29/14 3:11 AM
Subject: no more off-topic posts

I'm going to keep my posts to these groups related to imaging
Forum: Digital Photography September 30th 14, 05:36 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,comp.soft.sys.matlab,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 4
Posted By Martin Leese
[OT] the "greys"

Dale wrote:
a long time ago in a newsgroup far away ...

I suggested humans were like an "insect ape"

since human behavior is technologically and communally similiar to
ants and bees,...
Forum: Digital Photography March 21st 14, 05:59 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 8
Posted By Martin Leese
Adobe Reader 7,8

Dale wrote:
anyone know where I can get a copy of Adobe Reader 7 or 8 for Linux
from a reliable place that does not have backdoors or viruses, etc. ?

I forgot to mention that you are...
Forum: Digital Photography March 21st 14, 05:52 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 8
Posted By Martin Leese
Adobe Reader 7,8

Dale wrote:
anyone know where I can get a copy of Adobe Reader 7 or 8 for Linux
from a reliable place that does not have backdoors or viruses, etc. ?

Adobe's site only has 9.5(5?) for...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 13th 14, 05:00 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 12
Posted By Martin Leese
summary of Kodak downfall

Dale wrote:

what if you applied the laws of supply and demand to labor?

the work less people want gets paid more

the work people want more gets paid less

no harm done to...
Forum: Digital Photography February 13th 14, 05:00 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 37
Posted By Martin Leese
summary of Kodak downfall

Dale wrote:

what if you applied the laws of supply and demand to labor?

the work less people want gets paid more

the work people want more gets paid less

no harm done to...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 27th 14, 03:37 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 4
Posted By Martin Leese
[OT] might not be a solipsist any more

Fenrig wrote:
On 2014.01.26, 09:12 , Martin Leese wrote:
Go away, troll.

You get 1 point for troll detection.

You lose 1000 for replying to it no matter what the reply.

My reply was...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 26th 14, 03:12 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 4
Posted By Martin Leese
Dianetics and some other stuff

Dale wrote:
Dianetics says you are "clear" when you no longer have a reactive mind
and only an analytic mind

and then you proceed to higher levels of analytics

I find that I use my...
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 14, 05:12 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin Leese
random seed implications on genetics

Dale wrote:
what complexity must exists beforehand to generate the outcome of
variability desired?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_seed

nothing is really "random", noone has ever done...
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 14, 04:45 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin Leese
kind of giving in ...

Dale wrote:
I can't prove that God is not just a thought or imagination

maybe these thoughts or imaginations have the same effect as a God
outside the brain

they are material and...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 13th 14, 04:45 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin Leese
kind of giving in ...

Dale wrote:
I can't prove that God is not just a thought or imagination

maybe these thoughts or imaginations have the same effect as a God
outside the brain

they are material and...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 11th 13, 11:05 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin Leese
[OT] some street advice

Dale wrote:

for me crack didn't mess with my mind as long as I was getting my fair
share of bumps on time from the person handing them, or after awhile
when I got addicted everytime ran out,...
Forum: In The Darkroom November 7th 13, 03:58 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.film+labs
Replies: 1
Posted By Martin Leese
string theory, M-theory etc.

Dale wrote:
four dimensions I encounter, height width length and time

string theory and M-theory are really not theories in the definition of
theory from scientific process, if fact not...
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 13, 01:08 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 13
Posted By Martin Leese
are atheists moral nihilists?

Bowser wrote:
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 03:29:05 -0400, Dale
wrote:

snip

Go away. Nobody here gives a **** about your dime store philosophy.

He will never go away...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 12, 06:09 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Martin Leese
color wheel

Dale wrote:
On 12/12/2012 01:21 PM, Martin Leese wrote:
Dale wrote:
My Uncle is an artist

I have ten years work experience as an imaging system engineer

I was always under...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 13th 12, 06:09 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Martin Leese
color wheel

Dale wrote:
My Uncle is an artist

I have ten years work experience as an imaging system engineer

I was always under...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 12, 06:06 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Martin Leese
color wheel

Dale wrote:

On 12/12/2012 01:21 PM, Martin Leese wrote:
I have a friend who is a
photographer. He was taught, and always
refers to, Blue, Red, Yellow filters on his
colour...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 13th 12, 06:06 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Martin Leese
color wheel

Dale wrote:

On 12/12/2012 01:21 PM, Martin Leese wrote:
I have a friend who is a
photographer. He was taught, and always
refers to, Blue, Red, Yellow filters on his
colour...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 12th 12, 07:21 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Martin Leese
color wheel

Dale wrote:
My Uncle is an artist

I have ten years work experience as an imaging system engineer

I was always under the impression that CMY were the color complements or
opposites of...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 12, 07:21 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Martin Leese
color wheel

Dale wrote:
My Uncle is an artist

I have ten years work experience as an imaging system engineer

I was always under the impression that CMY were the color complements or
opposites of...
Forum: Digital Photography November 16th 12, 04:51 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Martin Leese
gimp and ICC color working spaces

Dale is just a troll. Please stop feeding
the trolls.

Martin Leese
E-mail:
Web: http://members.tripod.com/martin_leese/
Forum: Digital Photography May 2nd 08, 01:37 AM Posted to comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,sci.image.processing,comp.multimedia
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin Leese
Shrinking a picture --- and it becomes blur !!

nospam wrote:
In article , Pico wrote:

(Didn't Steve Jobs' R&D people have postscript display in their neXt OS?)

nextstep/openstep used...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 30th 08, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,wny.rochester.freenet,alt.culture.ny-upstate
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin Leese
if you need to get the big files printed

Skeptic wrote:

On Mar 29, 9:47 am, dale wrote:

I've complained many, many times to Google and ...

Better to complain to...
Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 08, 03:47 PM Posted to comp.soft-sys.matlab,sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Martin Leese
now tell your filthy mothers and kids

jjs wrote:
"dale" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:37:35 -0500, dale wrote:

Kellys are gained full...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27