Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: davek57
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 07, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By davek57
SD cards

I've never had a failure using PNY, Kodak, or SanDisk SD cards in my
Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Kodak, or Fuji digital cameras. I did have
one Kingston SD card fail, which was replaced at no cost by...
Forum: Digital Photography September 29th 07, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By davek57
Best dig camera for close up document photos?

I have a Kodak Z885 camera that has text/document mode. This seems to
work well. But if you are photographing documents in a library, you'll
have to deal with incandescent or fluorescent light, and...
Forum: Digital Photography July 6th 07, 03:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By davek57
Picasa - opening another editor?

I have a similar issue with Picasa not "finding" Photoshop when I
right-click. I haven't found a user settling to adjust this. I hope
you get an answer I can use, too.

-DK

On Jul 6, 5:27 am, Terry...
Forum: 35mm Equipment for Sale July 4th 07, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By davek57
FA: Ending July 5 - Yashica T4 Super Weatherproof w/Zeiss f3.5 lens

If you are interested in the Yashica T4 camera, I have one on auction.
These don't come around very often.

Have a look, please. The auction ends late Thursday, July 5. Good
luck, and thank...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale June 29th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By davek57
FA: Yashica T4 Super

Everyone needs one of these. I've got two. So perhaps, if you're in
the market, here's one up for bid. Thank you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300125758962
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 07, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By davek57
Help Needed! Online Printing Recommendation Please

The problem you're experiencing is that most digital cameras capture
images at a 4:3 aspect ratio, which is roughly equivalent to the
dimensions of a typical computer monitor. (Not the widescreen...
Forum: Digital Photography June 15th 07, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By davek57
Nikon D80 vs Nikon D200

I have a D50 and love its light weight and stellar metering. But I'm
not sure it's a combat-ready body. I'm considering the D80 for its
better metering, or the D200 so I don't have to worry about...
Forum: Digital Photography April 21st 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By davek57
Recomdendation for camera

On Apr 20, 7:23 pm, dofe wrote:
Hello to all

Need advice for digital camera. I will use it for shooting
sports competitions. So please recomended me something in gne
-...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 07, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 33
Posted By davek57
Doctor's choice - Kodak C875 or Canon A630?

Both are 8MP, both have 2.5-inch LCD's with so-so 115K pixel quality.
C875 has a 5X Schneider lens (Canon has 4X). Canon has the vari-angle
LCD. Canon uses 4 AA's, Kodak uses 2.

Both of these are...
Forum: Digital Photography February 15th 07, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By davek57
General Electric (GE) camera

I'd guess GE is looking to displace the no-name and inferior digital
cameras (can you say 'Polaroid') now sold in chain drugstores. That's
where GE sells a fair amount of computer peripherals...
Forum: Digital Photography February 4th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By davek57
Ricoh cameras

On Feb 4, 1:35 pm, "David J Taylor" -
this-bit.nor-this-part.uk wrote:
What should I infer from the lack of reviews of Ricoh brand cameras on the
major review...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By davek57
small cheap camera?

Look closely at the Kodak C875. A far better camera than the C743, with
8MP and a superior lens. Mine came home for $167 USD. Not a bad deal
for a 5X camera that takes AA batteries and fits in your...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 06, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By davek57
Camera with autofocus during video zoom

I'm looking to see if anyone's familiar with a compact digital camera
that, while recording video clips, maintains its focus while zooming
in/out. Most camcorders have this capability. But I'm having...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13