Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.67 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Advocate54
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 15th 10, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By Advocate54
Camera value question

A used dealer will give you about $45 for it, you might sell for twice
that
much on EBay or Craig's List.

A quick review of eBay completed auctions shows $35 to $40 is about max. One
"100%...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 31st 08, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Advocate54
FAB 5D2 IS MAKING ME HOT !

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Annika1980 wrote:
The Fab 5D2's low-light performace is so hot, you'd...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 21st 08, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Advocate54
Older Nikon Camera

"J.Lef" wrote in message
Hello to all
Just curious. I have a few selected pieces of older Nikon equipment and
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 2nd 08, 05:56 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 50
Posted By Advocate54
[Mpix Challenge] Megapixel resolution challenge

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message ...
Alan Browne wrote:
[]
8. EVALUATION

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 2nd 08, 05:56 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 38
Posted By Advocate54
[Mpix Challenge] Megapixel resolution challenge

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message ...
Alan Browne wrote:
[]
8. EVALUATION

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 11th 08, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 12
Posted By Advocate54
CBC Interview

"That Rich" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:07:53 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 17th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By Advocate54
Eclipsed by the 40D

This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

Goodbye...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 20th 08, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Advocate54
NIKON F10...... FUNNY AND SAD

Where? EBAY? I don't trust EBAY.

P.S. I repeat I want the best or one of the best COMPLETELY MANUAL
camera out there. Is it hard to find? I think digital is not best for
some beginners and that is...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 19th 08, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By Advocate54
The Fate of Film

"Eric Miller" wrote in message

I see "FILM DIED" or "FILM SO DIED."

I guess the jacket, like the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 18th 08, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Advocate54
NIKON F10...... FUNNY AND SAD

wrote in message
On Jan 17, 8:54 pm, "Advocate54" wrote:
In a few days I'm...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 18th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Advocate54
NIKON F10...... FUNNY AND SAD

In a few days I'm going to test it to see if "it performs". If not
then I will consider getting a used F3.

Moving from an F10 to an F3 is a quantum leap. You probably should have
listened to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 3rd 08, 05:03 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 19
Posted By Advocate54
The sad quest for decent wide angle lenses

LOL! My heart bleeds for the dumb sumbitches that are strapped with the
horror of using L glass

Seems to me that the list shows that more people are shooting with
Canon bodies these...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 29th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Advocate54
RITA, IS THIS YOU?

"Annika1980" wrote in message
My Canadian man-slave sent me this link:

Forum: Digital Photography December 29th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Advocate54
RITA, IS THIS YOU?

"Annika1980" wrote in message
My Canadian man-slave sent me this link:

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 19th 07, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 12
Posted By Advocate54
Catsnail

"Phoenix" wrote in message
If you don't like my editions you don't need to visit them but I think
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 12th 07, 06:26 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 10
Posted By Advocate54
Anyone want a 40d for US$700?

Doesn't look like such a deal, to me.
A quick Google search turns up lower prices, direct from USA dealers who
appear to be legit:

Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 07, 06:26 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 10
Posted By Advocate54
Anyone want a 40d for US$700?

Doesn't look like such a deal, to me.
A quick Google search turns up lower prices, direct from USA dealers who
appear to be legit:

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 28th 07, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 47
Posted By Advocate54
EBAY question for Rita

Supposedly Oprah caused alot of tax problems for many of those people
she gave cars to.

Seems to me that it did cause lots of problems to her studio audience. Many
of them could not afford the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 28th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 47
Posted By Advocate54
EBAY question for Rita

Not necessarily true. If you find a rare beer can in you attic and sell
it
on eBay for $20,000 you will have to claim this and pay taxes even if this
is the first item you ever sold on eBay...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 28th 07, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 47
Posted By Advocate54
EBAY question for Rita

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 19th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 23
Posted By Advocate54
Uninvited wedding guest!

"Annika1980" wrote in message
"For people who think there are blown highlights or blocked shadows in
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 23
Posted By Advocate54
Uninvited wedding guest!

"Annika1980" wrote in message
"For people who think there are blown highlights or blocked shadows in
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 9th 07, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.birds,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 26
Posted By Advocate54
Bird ID .... Help!

"Annika1980" wrote in message
I've been chasing these guys for months, but finally got a good shot
of one...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 9th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 10
Posted By Advocate54
Photoshop CS3 purchase question

"Donald Specker" wrote in message
I need to get CS3, and am confused by the options. It seems that you can
get reportedly...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 30th 07, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 25
Posted By Advocate54
Rita spotted!

I have no idea of what to change the content filter to....I tried
everything from -10 to +10 and I still couldn't see the photo.....The
least they could do is tell you how their "scale"...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42