Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Donald Specker
Forum: General Equipment For Sale May 7th 08, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Donald Specker
Hama film leader retriever

$5 and I'll ship for free. Rarely used - complete.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 17th 08, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Donald Specker
Can manual focus Nikkors be used on a D60 or D40?

My duaghter is looking for a digital body and already has a few manual
nikkors. Will they work on the newer digital bodies?

Thanks.
Forum: General Equipment For Sale January 22nd 08, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Donald Specker
FS: Hama film extractor tool, $8 Shipped

Used once or twice, like new, with instructions. These are $14 new plus
shipping.

Also have Hoya 58mm 81A warming filter, like new with case, for $5.

Thanks.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 25th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Donald Specker
Does Compress Old Files in Disk Cleanup affect photos?

Was wondering if this function in Windows affects photo files.

Thanks.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 24th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Donald Specker
Domke F2 alternative?

I've been using a Domke original F2 for a long time with my film system, and
now looking for an alternative for my 40D w/70-200 f4 attached, 580 flash,
17-40.

Anything compact come to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 13th 07, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Donald Specker
EOS 40D picture style question

Thanks. I'm shooting in RAW all the time, so it looks like it's a non-issue
for me.

"JimKramer" wrote in message...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 13th 07, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Donald Specker
EOS 40D picture style question

I noticed in my 40D user's manual that the sharpness parameter is a notch
higher in the landscape style than the standard style (which is where I
leave it set). Am I losing some of the potential...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 5th 07, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By Donald Specker
Digital filters needed?

Anything beyond marketing for needing new generation digital filters for
digital cameras?

Thanks.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 25th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Donald Specker
Crazy to get ef 200 2.8 vs 70-200 f4 IS?

I need some more reach, currently using a 100 USM macro (great lens). Since
I already have the 100 mm covered, I was looking at the 200mm 2.8 L.
However, the optical quality of the 70-200 mm f4 IS...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 20th 07, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Donald Specker
Card reader or cord for image transfer to computer?

What's the best option here? Is the card reader faster? Will repeatedly
removing the card affect the contacts?

Thanks.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 18th 07, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Donald Specker
Canon EOS 40D custom function question

Thanks much for the reply. I found that function after posting and made the
change.

One other question - what's the best way to transfer images to the computer?
Card reader or cord? I wonder if...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 17th 07, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Donald Specker
Canon EOS 40D custom function question

Is it possible to disable AF from happening with the shutter release button?
I'd rather AF just be activated with the AF On button on the back.

Thanks.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 9th 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 10
Posted By Donald Specker
Photoshop CS3 purchase question

I need to get CS3, and am confused by the options. It seems that you can
get reportedly legitimate education versions for $299, even if you're not in
education, but some indicate that they cannot...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 2nd 07, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Donald Specker
Get 40 D or 5 D?

I made the mistake of waiting for the 5 D successor (due in part to input
from people who clearly didn't really know), which I expected to be out this
calendar year. I'd like to get into digital...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 24th 07, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By Donald Specker
1.6x body a complement to FF?

Does it make sense to use a camera like a 40D as a backup/complement to a
FF, like the 5D? Seems that the 40D would offer extra reach with telephoto
lenses, costs less than another 5D.

Thanks.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 10th 07, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Donald Specker
Get 180 macro vs 1.6x DSLR w/ 100mm?

I have a 100 Canon USM macro which is a great lens, but was looking at also
adding a 180mm for more working distance. However, I'll be switching to
digital soon, and may add a 40D to the mix. I...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 29th 07, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Donald Specker
Thoughts on 5D upgrade?

Having passed up the early spring rebate on the 5D hoping for a new updated
model, I'm now wondering when we may see a newer version. The current
version has quite a bit of age on it, and new...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale August 2nd 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Donald Specker
FS: Cradoc Captionwriter, $15 shipped

One of the standard programs for writing/printing labels for 2x2 slides. I
used it for stock photography, but no need anymore. Still useful for those
with existing collections of shooting...
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 07, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Donald Specker
Canon EOS 5D - successor this year?

Having opted to wait to buy a digital SLR, I'm now wondering if there will
be a successor to the 5D this calendar year. In the late winter/early
spring everyone was speculating on the new models,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 5th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Donald Specker
Cradoc Caption Writer - still used?

My stock agency no longer takes original slides, and I have the program (3.5
inch diskette), manual, and a stack of label sheets sitting by their
lonesome in my desk. Is the program still viable? ...
Forum: 35mm Equipment for Sale May 10th 07, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By Donald Specker
FS: Domke F2 classic camera bag

Sand (natural) color. $50, $5 shipping. Very good condition.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 29th 07, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 57
Posted By Donald Specker
Jump at EOS 5D or wait?

Thanks for all the good advice.

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:52:39 GMT, "Donald Specker"
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 28th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 57
Posted By Donald Specker
Jump at EOS 5D or wait?

Regarding the current and enticing Canon rebates, does it make sense to get
a 5D now ($600 off with another item purchased) or wait until later in the
year for either another round of rebates or a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 28th 07, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By Donald Specker
sell 70-200 2.8 IS for f4 version?

Thanks so much for the good advice. The 2.8 will stay!

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Donald Specker wrote:
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 27th 07, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By Donald Specker
sell 70-200 2.8 IS for f4 version?

I've owned the 2.8 IS lens for quite a few years now and it does deliver
great pictures. I use it alone or with 1.4x converter. I've been shooting
100% film up till now.

However, it is big and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33