Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 1.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rob-L
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Rob-L
D300 BUG in Aperture Priority & Shutter Priority Mode

It was written so well, that you used the word "to" instead of "too" in
the very first sentence.

lol

On Jan 12 2008 10:26 AM, Chico wrote:

This is bugging me bad so I edited the orignal post...
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 07, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob-L
Recovering files from formatted SD card in Casio

On Dec 22 2007 1:22 PM, rainandsnow wrote:

Is there anything else I can try???

There is one thing you can try....

Don't **** with cameras that aren't yours, especially when you don't know
what...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 07, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Rob-L
Compact Camera with RAW - what's the cheapest possible one ?

Fujifilm E-900. I've seen them going for under $200 at Sears.

Rob-L

-----*
Forum: Digital Photography August 17th 07, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Rob-L
Which point-and-shoot camera is the best ?

That was spam in disguise.

-------*
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Rob-L
Recommend a Good Manual Mode non-DSLR?

Have a look at the Panasonic LX-2

It can even shoot RAW!...
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 07, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob-L
Lightroom question

Just to clarify how to move the database. Find the location of the
Lightroom folder on your machine. For example, in Windows it's probably
under "My Pictures". Back up that folder and all it's...
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 07, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob-L
Lightroom question

Yes - it's that simple. Just move the library database.

To back up you database:

- Go to Edit Preferences.
- Choose the General Tab.
- In the "Default Library" section choose how often you'd...
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Rob-L
Top 10 PBase heuristics

So who are you? The PBase police? If I'm paying them to host photos I'll
post kids playing little league baseball waving American flags as birds in
flight pass over.

Pompous prick. Like you **** is...
Forum: Digital Photography April 14th 07, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob-L
Quality of Sony digicams vs. Canon

I can't speak for Sony because I never owned a Sony digital camera, but
all my other Sony products seem very reliable.

I have a Canon S410 that I've used regularly for 3 years and it has never
given...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 217
Posted By Rob-L
JPEG degradation

On Jan 26 2007 1:13 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

You can open a JPG file as many times as you want without degrading it
in any way.

What degrades it is saving it back to the same file after...
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 06, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By Rob-L
Ron - Kodak guy

Update your operating system to XP.

Why, it adds no additional functionality and introduces a pile of extra bs.
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 06, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By Rob-L
Ron - Kodak guy

Upgrade, you have an operating system that is almost 9 years old. That
being said, I can't really see why 98 wouldn't work for transferring files
off of the camera, but you may have issues running...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Rob-L
copy Exif from one image to another

Try a program called Exifer. You can back up your exif info to a file and
then re-apply it.

Rob-L

________________________________________________________________________*
: the next generation of...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob-L
P&S Recommendation

The Ricoh R4 or R5, Canon PowerShot A710 IS, Canon PowerShot G7

Rob-L

________________________________________________________________________*
: the next generation of web-newsreaders :...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Posted By Rob-L
SD600 or A540

They both have the same pixel count (as you mentioned) and they both have
the same sized Sensor at 1/2.5" so the noise levels should be about the
same on both.

I guess the real differences are 1)...
Forum: Digital Photography November 23rd 06, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob-L
Windows Color Managment, Adobe Working Spaces, Adobe Gamma

On Nov 22 2006 3:55 PM, Roy G wrote:
[snip]

Ian Lyons site "computer-darkroom" has more than enough theoretical and
practical info to satisfy your needs.
[snip]
Roy G

Here is the URL....
Forum: Digital Photography November 22nd 06, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob-L
Windows Color Managment, Adobe Working Spaces, Adobe Gamma

On Nov 22 2006 1:06 PM, MarkČ wrote:

Your first step should be to pick up a decent colorometer.
I recommend the Spyder 2 from ColorVision.
Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 06, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 58
Posted By Rob-L
Are today's photographers less of a photo craftsman...

Well said.

Rob-L

________________________________________________________________________*
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 06, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Rob-L
Book Recommendations

On Nov 18 2006 10:03 AM, Michael Calverley wrote:

Try this website. They have good books on composition and different
techniques. I used the web site to find the books that I wanted and...
Forum: Digital Photography November 18th 06, 07:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Rob-L
Book Recommendations

Hello,

My son has expressed an interest in photography and I will be giving him a
digital camera for Christmas but I would also like to get him some books
that can teach him the basics. Composition,...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 06, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Rob-L
Simple point and shoot

On Oct 29 2006 2:16 PM, Kev wrote:

I've just added the Fuji FinePix F30 to my shortlist...

Kevin

I love the F30. But you may want to consider the F20 which is similar to
the F30 but with less...
Forum: Digital Photography October 27th 06, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob-L
Copyright Free or Resonably Priced Photos

http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php

Rob-L in L.V.

------*
Forum: Digital Photography October 25th 06, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Rob-L
Cheapish Digital camera for 11 year old?

Take a look at the Fujifilm Finepix F20. Great camera, compact, easy to
use, great photos esp. in low light.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=FJFPF20

Rob-L in L.V.

------*
: the next...
Forum: Digital Photography September 13th 06, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Rob-L
Saving Photo Without EXIF Data

On Sep 12 2006 12:15 PM, Shaun wrote:

Isn't there a way of doing this within Photoshop?

If you use "Save As..." the Exif information will be kept. If you use
"Save As For Web" all Exif info is...
Forum: Digital Photography August 17th 06, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob-L
Long march of development:the noise.

Fuji is getting there I think.