Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.91 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian Lund
Forum: Digital Photography April 19th 07, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Lund
mirror lens with digital rebel?

Can a mirror lens be used with digital slr's such as the digital rebel?
Would the lens mount short out any contacts on the camera body and will
the metering system work at apertures of F8? Any...
Forum: Digital Photography March 26th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Lund
Pics too blue using light box

I'm trying to take pics of small items in a light box and the picture
comes out way too blue, no matter what light setting I use. In fact,
the light in the box looks way too blue to the naked...
Forum: Digital Photography March 19th 07, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Brian Lund
Using camera software instead of card reader

I have always downloaded my photos on to the pc using a card reader. I
have
just bought a casio camera and it comes with a CD with: photo loader with
'hot album'. photo transport,etc.

if...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 194
Posted By Brian Lund
Computer

It seems most people who work with graphics (including pictures) prefer
Mac over a PC. Can anyone give me an explanation in layman's terms of
why
this is? Thanks

For me it is...
Forum: Digital Photography February 25th 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 91
Posted By Brian Lund
Advice for all portrait Canon lens

I own the EF 50mm f/1.4 and hardly ever use it. I find it very soft
compared to my 16-35 f/2.8 L and my 70-200 f/2.8 L. I've not tried the
f/1.2 yet but the EF 50mm f/1.2L is supposed to be...
Forum: Digital Photography February 2nd 07, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian Lund
Pixmania is EVIL

Are you living in Europe and are you considering to get an
account with Pixmania? Don't do it!

Old news to me, they were on a consumer program in national television in
Denmark (about a year ago...
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 07, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Brian Lund
Is this true about Canon?

In the digital era, there are two areas where Canon is out in front:
larger sensors and lower noise.

BZZZZT!!! Invalid response. "The post was specifically about
fast sports photo...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Lund
Canon Eos 400D

Can also be thought of as not confusing pixel count on a display monitor
with pixel count of the image source. I don't use PS, I usually see
actual pixel numbers displayed which in my case is...
Forum: Digital Photography December 1st 06, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian Lund
Rebel XT + ETTL How to turn off?

How do I turn off ETTL on this camea?

SITUATION:
I am using camea in Manual mode with 285's and peanuts and a flash meter.
285's set to f8 and camera set to f8.
On-camera flash deflected...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment November 27th 06, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 130
Posted By Brian Lund
Largest megapixel digital cameras available for home market

MP camera be good enough to produce good quality 8 x10 prints? Why the
home user then be in needs of larger MP cameras? What MP cameras would
make good quality 11x17 prints?
An 8 MP...
Forum: Digital Photography November 27th 06, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 91
Posted By Brian Lund
Largest megapixel digital cameras available for home market

MP camera be good enough to produce good quality 8 x10 prints? Why the
home user then be in needs of larger MP cameras? What MP cameras would
make good quality 11x17 prints?
An 8 MP...
Forum: Digital Photography November 27th 06, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian Lund
Rebel XTi Auto Focus Question

The lenses "with motors in them" are the USM lenses ... non-USM lenses
will still auto-focus but somewhat slower. A high percent of the EF
lenses are USM.

Just to clear up, they still have...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12